please help,i cant do this,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bimble...coming here is the first step...you have done the right thing to reach out. At least you are recognizing your issue. I too suffer from GAD and MDD. It's not fun...I kept thinking the AL was helping me feel better and took the edge off. I am only on day 3 but I already feel better, look better and can think better. My anxiety I think caused a lot of my lashing out at my family. I always thought..when I had a drink it made me not so edgy when really its just a vicious cycle. I have been drinking on and off since I was 15...20 years later I am making my step toward life...for peace of mind, body, soul and family. I don't know if I will ever stop thinking about AL but today is almost over and I can't wait to wake up feeling great. And you will too! It's very weird feeling if you haven't felt it in so long its lmost like a little high on life type of thing. Anyway...hang in there...keep coming back...we are glad to have you here. One day at a time!!!
    Honeysoup :heart:

Comment

hi bimble, just saying hello and wishing you well.
      Beleive me when I tell you there is life after alcohol and your life WILL improve if you remove it.
      It is so damn hard, I know and I have been there thinking I will never be able to enjoy life again.

But if you put in the work and stay AF, one day at a time, it will get easier and you will feel much better with a clear head and you anx and depression will lessen.

Hope things work out for you.

Damo in Dublin
      Still trying !!!
      AF 25th June2014

Comment

thank you everyone,i havnt managed a af day yet,but im going to,hopefully tomorow,as im trying to stop smoking too,and the two go together with me!! will keep you posted xx

Comment

Bimble - best of luck to you. Stay close. It is a tough start, but each day you feel better, clearer and life looks better. We believe in you. You can do this!

Your friend, Waggy
          February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Bimble -

Have you written down what a world without AL would look/feel like for you? What would be better? So when you are tempted - you pull it out, read it, remind yourself of what YOU are working so hard to achieve?

Can you make it as real and as detailed as you can?

I won't share all of mine - but one little piece would be:
            In my world without AL - I don't wake up looking for my smart phone to check the call log to see who I drunk dialed. I don't look to see who called me, that I don't remember. I don't see conversations that went an hour and pray I didn't say something hateful. I don't check my Facebook to see if I was an ass. In my world without AL - I am in control of my mouth and my fingers. I am in control of the off-ramp from my brain to the rest of the world.
            That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
            Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
            AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Yes Bimble, believe to what others said. K9Lover, Unwasted & Steady Hands were right. My gf also have the same problem with you. She just cannot stop drinking at the beginning. We go through together and she can reduce the habit now. We couldn't get happier than now. You just keep to believe that there are others who are loving you and would be on your side no matter what happened. i hope you get all the great live!

Comment

Working...
              X