Two weeks so far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two weeks so far

After much research on the internet I came across the book and was very excited about the Sinclair Method and the process of extinction. I am a 48 year old professional women and have been drinking for at least 30 years. I've tried rehab, detox centers, AA with no resolve. Best I've ever done was 4 months sober and it was a daily challenge. I have become a daily drinker over the past few years, and even drink 2-3 beers or glasses of wine before work and than again when I get home. I started the Nal two weeks ago, but my Dr. actually told me to take it in the morning and again before I come home from work, that's 100mg a day. I am concerned about that dosage and can't find anything on the web suggesting any more than 50mg of Nal. I keep a diary, and the First week was about 40 total drinks, week two is a bit higher, about 50. Is this normal? What I do notice is the monsterous cravings seemed to be diminishing, but I feel like I continue to drink more out of habit than anything else. My goal is to stop the morning drinking first, and then over the next few months get my drinking to a safe and social level. I keep telling myself Nal + drink = Cure, and each time I have a drink I'm one step closer to my goal. I sure hope this works, feels like this is my last chance at freedom.

Two weeks so far

Hi PB and welcome to MWO You should read as many posts as you can and if I may suggest a few

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Topamax, Campral, Naltrexone, Baclofen, other meds - My Way Out Forums

Well done on your two weeks and keep up the fight :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Two weeks so far

What is Nal? Is it something you're taking and drinking together? :welcome: PB

"I like people too much or not at all."
      Sylvia Plath

Comment

Two weeks so far

Welcome to MWO. Keep posting and let's get to know each other. You'll find lots of info in the links Mario posted.

Comment

Two weeks so far

LibraryGirl;1295473 wrote: What is Nal? Is it something you're taking and drinking together? :welcome: PB
          Pretty sure its Naltrexone
          Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Two weeks so far

Thanks Mario & Flyaway! Liberty Girl, yes Naltrexon. Today starts my 3rd week on the Sinclair Method, last night could only drink 3 glasses of wine and that took a few hours. This morning could barely drink 1 glass of wine. My question to anyone is the dosage. Does anybody take up to 2 Naltrexons (100mg) in one day? My thought is if I take it in the morning to deal with morning drinking there is still enough in my system for when I get home, yet my Dr. said it's ok to take both in the morning and late afternoon before I get home. Seems like it's helping and hope it only gets better. Any advice? Thanks all!

Comment

Working...
            X