Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Antibuse dilema, need advice!

Hi:
    I am hoping those of you with some Antibuse experience can help me out.
    First, a bit of history. I have been sober for 5 months less one day when I let the AB wear off and drank 3/4 of a bottle of wine. It was a good lesson learned. I don't want to go down that path any more.
    The dilema I have is that I have to go to China with an official delegation. I have heard that they love to toast with wine quite a bit during special dinners and I have experienced some of that here. I don't want to offend anyone so I am wondering how I can get around that. (would appreciate suggestions)
    I am also deathly afraid of being given alcohol in something by mistake. I do not speak the language so a mistake could happen quite easily.
    I am thinking of weaning off the AB for the trip but I do not want to drink and don't want to succumb to temptation. I also need to stay sharp and be on my best behaviour.
    I would appreciate your thoughts on this. Am I just being anxious?
    Hoping you can help me make a decision on this. I leave on the 24th.
    R4L
    Don't worry, be happy!

Hi R4L -

CanadianGirl can probably help you with this, she's the expert on China and their rituals. My 2cents is this: Go off the AB just to be SAFE...but get back on it as soon as you get home! Personally, I'd rather see you slip than have you get deathly ill. Not saying to go out and purposefully get trashed, but just in case, like you said, there's alcohol you're not even aware of.

K9

Edit: CanadianGal is her name!
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

I agree with K9. Way too risky with the language barrier - being in a different place. I think it would be way too easy to accidently get something in your food or drink.
      I'm sorry.
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Running
        As I have never tried any meds for this can you tell a white-lie (even if off the emds while away) and tell them you have allergies that include alcohol?
        LostButFound

Comment

Working...
        X