Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

it's Friday - who else is dancing with the devil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So - here by myself at lose ends today - done my workout - I have books - have stuff to do - which I will in a few minutes - but I can already feel a GIANT dance with the devil coming on for today/tonight. Friday's were bender's...

Anyone else going to be white knuckling it today/tonight? may as well hang out...
    That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
    Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
    AF - August 20, 2012

Great idea for a thread PF.

I've turned Friday night into treat night. Couple of magazines, bit of chocolate (make that a lot) something easy on the TV or hanging out on a perfect thread like this.

Perhaps adding some upbeat songs and having a bit of a boogie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M[/video]]Kool & The Gang - Celebration - YouTube
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hiya Prarie Fairy Here's a song for ya. I know the video is a bit crap (1984:H) but I know the song always cheers me up. Try to think about tomorrow morning and waking up feeling great. You don't know what beautiful things tomorrow might bring-and you'll want to face it with a clear head.
      http://youtu.be/nonGWDxcJNA[/video]]The The - This Is The Day (Original) - YouTube

Comment

Well - I took the first batch of witching hour supplements quite a bit early today. No sense playing around.

I can walk to two different wine shops so I am going to sit in this chair until this first batch kicks in. Then I will think about what sorts of distractions I will get into.

I was going to buy a new laptop tomorrow but maybe tonight. I might just want to get out tonight. Or a movie. At my age - two martial arts classes in one day is a bad idea.

Right now - it's just chill for 20 minutes for things to hit the blood stream and clobber the physiological part...
        That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
        AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Just popping by to see how you're going PF.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Yip, defo know it's Friday but resolve still strong, restless though - glad now to be reading in bed p
            Short term goal 7 days AF

Comment

Believe it or not, I was tip toe-ing around with the devil yesterday...I'm on Antabuse but I had the horrible stinkin' drinkin' thoughts about how if I quit AB today I could drink NEXT weekend. I shoved it aside and took my pill today. I guess the thoughts never completely go away, but they DO get easier to deal with. Brush them aside and remember that thoughts can't hurt you...unless you act on them!
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

I just saw this....I am SO wanting my wine right now...It's getting harder by the minute. I really hate this and hate people right now...I don't know what to do...I feel just as angry that I cant drink as I did went I decided I shouldn't drink anymore...I really think life sucks right now..I just want to go to bed so I don't have to think about it anymore. Fucking AL she's such a BITCH...Pardon my language but I am so GRRR right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Honeysoup :heart:

Comment

I am supplemented up the a$$. But right now it's a hunger problem. So - I'm going to go find food, pack another baggie of supplements in my handbag - and stay out of the house for a bit...I'll take the iPad so I can check in with you guys while I'm out since where I'm going has wine and Margarita's - and I don't need that...

In the meantime - in the spirit of Friday tunes - here's one that is so positive and happy - it's a big FU to the devil...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xA9pfaGGXg[/video]]Bob Marley-All Star Tribute-Tracy Chapman:Three Little Birds - YouTube
                  AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

And Honeysoup - Hold on dear heart. We can do this. But if I don't get some Mexican soon - I'm going to be at the wine shop making a butt head of myself.

So - FOOD
                    AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Hi guys, al is a bastard to be sure.........but keep in mind that you're remembering the good parts........be sure to fast forward to the bullshit you'll have to put up with if you open the door! For me:

wake up at 3 a.m. feeling anxious and unable to go back to sleep
                      drag out of bed at 5 or 6 a.m. miserable from having not slept
                      hungover, feeling sick like I could have the flu, but it's just a garden-variety hangover
                      claw my way through the day feeling every single moment as my head and body ache
                      feel like I'm just hanging on for dear life and wishing away the day
                      feel weird about what I said especially if I started a fight
                      skip exercise and mourn having lost a beautiful day and a good workout
                      have no patience and be angry with everyone around me
                      tell myself I'll never drink again
                      bargain with myself that I'll just have one or two
                      start again and feel like a failure

I could go on.............be strong everyone. Lots of things in life are hard but we get through them. You'll thank yourselves in the morning. :lilheart:

ALCOHOL IS A DEAD END

Comment

Been Stressful you know those days we alll have had, glad for this site and the people, Cravings are hard to go away.. plus I live in a touristy area and its bars and drink specials everywhere...

Comment

Oh, and I forgot to mention.........aside from what I'd let in the door if I drank, here's what would go away:

peace of mind
                          clear thinking and knowing my decisions are based on my real perception of things
                          being healthy and not hurting my body

FREEDOM FROM THE CONSTANT AND NEVER-ENDING TORTURE OF ALCOHOL

Comment

Try Elvis costello

Comment

PF and Honeysoup - I'm right there with you. I blew it last weekend after almost 60 days AF and I have been AF and depressed since Monday. I am so angry at life right now - why does this have to be so hard? I'm sure there's a lesson in here somewhere for me but right now I just don't feel like listening. Anyway (sigh) luckily I took my AB yesterday and the day before so I know there is no drinking for me this weekend. Just angry thoughts. I know if we hang in there it will get better.

Comment

Working...
                              X