Time to come out of the cupboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone I,ve been looking in for a couple of weeks now and like what I see.Thanks to everyone for being so informative ,imaginative and funny. I shouldn't be here at all really. just over two years ago after over 30years of heavy drinking I had been AF for 7 months,I won't go into the circumstances which made me make the discision or the incidents in the early months which kept me determined but YES I did it, and I'd reached the stage where most of the time I could honestly say that I could say no without tooo much pain. Christmas arrived and I stupidly took the discision to have a couple at a Party. I could handle it now I thought and I did manage to keep it down to only two for about two weeks. Them I let ripe and all my good work went down the drain. I've tried to give up three times since, the best I did as 28 days, then my birthday!! a good excuse. Anyway my second attempt since looking into this site and I'm just reaching the end of day 5 AF with all your help. IKNOw I have to go the whole hog, no moderation for me I can't do it.
    This time I'm determined but I'm finding it really really hard just now. I think this will help me.

Love to all

Hi Daisymay &

This place is amazing, the support that you get will get you through the bad times and after the experience that you have had in the past, I'm sure that you can help some of us as well ......

Welcome xx
    sigpicXXX

Comment

Daisymay, glad to have you on board! :welcome:

Sounds like you are off to a great start, congrats. You're right about this site - filled with wonderful people who are truly behind you 100%, but also are not afraid to be honest and frank when it is needed (okay I almost went with a cheesy joke about me being Frank and, oh never mind).....

I wish you nothing but success and look forward to chatting with you in the future! :goodluck:
      Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Thanks Betty Boob and AA

Comment

Welcome daisymay! I am glad you like what you see here. I know I wouldn't of been able to get as far as my 39 days without this place! The only time I was sober in the last 6 years was during my pregnancy 2 years ago. The support here is unbelievable! Again, welcome!

:welcome:

Comment

Glad to hear, looking forward to my 39th day, Well done, its soo hard sometimes

Comment

And I am looking forward to my 7 months! Don't discredit yourself. That is a huge accomplishment - which I know you can achieve again, if not forever more!

Comment

Working...
              X