do you drink n/a beer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do you drink n/a beer

ok i was wondering just got the cd's today and i need to clean my butt up. Does anyone drink n/a beer and will it to help ween myself off the liquid gold? Which one taste better more like the real thing and should i try that route or just say screw it go complete cold turkey. Going to try to get to the doc next week and get Naltrexone and more Campral my goal and my long term gf (13 years) goal is mod but i dont know.
    http://localhost/gimport/cache/avatars/aude sapere "have the corage to gain to insight"

do you drink n/a beer

I drink N/A Beer at times. I can go about 2 weeks with nothing than I drink so I am not sure if that is the way to go.

Sammys

Comment

do you drink n/a beer

It is too close to the real thing for me. I was a hider, and to me if my breath already smelled like booze (and she knew if was from N/A beer) it was a free ticket to tie one on. Besides, I never drank because I loved the taste - it was always because I enjoyed the effect.
      Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

do you drink n/a beer

hmmm i see a new pattern
        http://localhost/gimport/cache/avatars/aude sapere "have the corage to gain to insight"

Comment

do you drink n/a beer

I have been fine with it to be honest - hasn't caused any cravings.
          I usually stick to diet drinks for calorie reasons - I've been af for 26 days.
          I only have it once a week on friday night in front of tv - having said that beer isn't usually my fave alcoholic drink so maybe go carefully if you're unsure.
          good luck.
          one day at a time

Comment

do you drink n/a beer

Mike,
            All beer has some alcohol in it. It's just the amount of alcohol in a beer that gives it the right to call it non alcoholic. It's a marketing ploy. So be carefull with N/A Beer. It will depend in what your trying to accomplish. (Being a Moderate drinker or stopping.) Some alcoholics are very sencetive & a little alcohol will set them off to bigger & better things. Good Luck...........IAD
            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

do you drink n/a beer

Hi Mike....I find that I steer myself away from all things that I mentally connect with alcohol.....I don't even use wine in my cooking anymore, even though I have been reliably informed that the alcohol gets burned off with the heat, and AF beer would be too much like carrying on the patterns I am trying so hard to break free of.

I am like AAthlete, I don't drink for the taste, I drink to get slaughtered, so for me, stopping drinking is all about changing my habits completely...I have been programming the brain to realise that alcohol does nothing for me, and is abhorrent...if I was to drink AF beverages...I would be contradicting that message, i.e. telling myself that there is SOMETHING about alcohol that I still need, so I just don't go there....

I know that AF beer and wine do really help others though...perhaps those that are genuine conoss.. ....(nope, not even gonna try and spell that word....you know, the one that means that you appreciate the booze for other qualities rather than the high...and can pick out hints of blackberries and saddlebags in wine....) and we all need to use things that work for us.......

I guess the only person that knows whether this will be a good way to keep clear of the 'real' thing is you, but hope the posts give you a few things to chew over...it's all about research, thinking things through and trial (and hopefully less of the error!!!)

Have a great day!! Weemelon

Comment

do you drink n/a beer

Connoisseur..............
                I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

do you drink n/a beer

i really enjoy odouls N/A beer and drink it right along with wine to remind myslef not to overdo it....helps give me a filled up feeling withought dehydrating myself too.
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

do you drink n/a beer

Lushypie did you know how to spell that or did you have to look it up?????
                    i guess you obviously are one then!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X