Bit strange no al

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bit strange no al

Tomorrow is the official day.. But feeling a bit out of sorts not having my useual wine...
    I feel like my how day is out of whack because it's been part of my evening ritual.
    Any thoughts on what to do?
    I don't want to have al in my life anymore!
    Xx
    Today I chose to start living!

Bit strange no al

Welcome so over it to MWO, One of the best things you can do now is get yourself a plan,Something to keep your self busy,maybe an old hobby,going for a walk, looking at a favorite film or reading a good book,also by posting and reading as many posts and threads here as possible and sharing your thoughts and feelings here will also help.Check out the toolbox on the top of the monthly abstinence thread,its a good read and will help you and last don't forget you are not alone in this we all have or are where you are now,good luck and give yourself a chance.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Bit strange no al

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Here is the toolbox :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Bit strange no al

Welcome to MWO!
        I'm glad you've joined us, you'll find a wonderful support group here and lots of advice. You're in a great place, because we don't want AL in our lives either! Mario had some good suggestions for keeping busy. The first few days will be the hardest, you will need to change your routine. Keep us posted so we can join you on your journey. You can do this!
        K9
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Bit strange no al

Thanks you for the great advice and warm welcome guys!!
          Im looking forward to a successful productive al day

Comment

Bit strange no al

Change your ritual! If you do all of the same things that you normally do each day only you leave out the alcohol, your brain will be screaming at you to drink! Make your evening completely different from your normal evening. You need to create to new "normal."

Comment

Bit strange no al

Good luck SOI, These people know . . . . . . .

P

AF for 7 days
              Short term goal 7 days AF

Comment

Bit strange no al

Ready for bed!! Day one AF!!!!!!
                Thanks guys, your advice and encouragement was the lift I needed.
                Bring on day two!

Comment

Bit strange no al

So over it;1299338 wrote: Ready for bed!! Day one AF!!!!!!
                  Thanks guys, your advice and encouragement was the lift I needed.
                  Bring on day two!
                  Well done!
                  :wave::wave::wave:

Comment

Bit strange no al

SOI-
                    Great job on getting through that first day. You'll be racking up days then weeks before you know it! Like Flyaway said, change your "drinking" evenings...for me I even went so far as to rearrange furniture, move lamps around, etc., so that my "view" of my drinking spot (the living room) looked like I was in a different place. I couldn't imagine sitting in my drinking spot without a drink! So I changed how it looked. Now I can sit anywhere and be fine without a drink. It may sound stupid, or simple, but sometimes it's the little things that make a big difference. Keep up your good work...we're here for you!
                    K9
                    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Bit strange no al

Well DONE!!!!!

Comment

Bit strange no al

K9Lover;1299402 wrote: SOI-
                        Great job on getting through that first day. You'll be racking up days then weeks before you know it! Like Flyaway said, change your "drinking" evenings...for me I even went so far as to rearrange furniture, move lamps around, etc., so that my "view" of my drinking spot (the living room) looked like I was in a different place. I couldn't imagine sitting in my drinking spot without a drink! So I changed how it looked. Now I can sit anywhere and be fine without a drink. It may sound stupid, or simple, but sometimes it's the little things that make a big difference. Keep up your good work...we're here for you!
                        K9
                        What an interesting idea! But it's the truth. Having something like a "drinking spot" or "drinking glass" or something that small may be a trigger.

Comment

Working...
                        X