struggling tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

struggling tonight

Feeling really irritable tonight and wishing I had some wine to drink I dont and not going to but I feel fed up and bored and generally pissed off so much for easily doing four days I spoke too soon!
    Taking it ODAT

struggling tonight

Lets get you through this Mauri!
    Think of where drinking leads you...think how you feel the moring after. Maybe you could take a long bath (or is that over already?)...read a book...make some cookies...watch something completely useless on TV...polish your fingernails AND toenails (try some designs)...give yourself a facial...pluck your eyebrows...rearrange your closet...wrinkle up your clothes and re-iron them? ANYTHING to stay busy. Come on girlfriend, you can do this!
    :h
    K9

Or read this all the way through...

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...hen-23467.html
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

struggling tonight

Thanks k9 I am going to go listen to my cd in a min then have a bath I am not giving in x
      Taking it ODAT

Comment

struggling tonight

Good girl...I have faith in you!

Comment

struggling tonight

Thanks x x
          Taking it ODAT

Comment

struggling tonight

I do, too. Hang in there for all you're worth!! Don't worry about the weekend right now, just get thru the next 15 minutes, then the next...and so it goes. Don't give in no matter what and no matter who! This is when the battle begins, do not let that Bastard AL win any more. He's had all of you he is going to get! Battle on, girl...we are right beside you! B
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

struggling tonight

I started listening to my subliminal download I got recently and it seems to help. I have been listening a few times a day these past few days. I have been really stressed. Just when I feel like I can do this BAMMO! I get hit with a "oh, just one wont hurt" thought. It has been much harder this time around than it was the first time. Let's keep each other strong! We can do this!

Waggy
              February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

struggling tonight

Giving in

mauritiusdodo;1299519 wrote: Thanks k9 I am going to go listen to my cd in a min then have a bath I am not giving in x
                I can tell you something, I gave you last night and feel terrible this whole day!

Do you want a wasted day tomorrow, like the one I'm having now? Besides an unproductive work day, I am not psyched about going to my mom's birthday dinner, and, a woman I date, who I happen to like a lot, I think is finally free to see me tonight (although we'd probably meet for a drink) I need to cancel, because I'm just not up for it.

Comment

struggling tonight

Waggy,
                  Stay strong. I believe you're right, that each quit gets harder. For me "just one" landed me in jail twice, embarrassed me, caused me anxiety and depression, and physically harmed me. "Just one" ALWAYS hurts me. Lets keep that in mind when the beast tries to downplay it. As Byrdie said yesterday, the beast is in the "bargaining" stage with these thoughts. There's no bargains to be made here. We don't drink, period. Alcohol is UGLY.
                  Love,
                  K9

Comment

struggling tonight

I agree, each quit gets harder. As I've read on here so many times, you'll never regret not drinking. You'll never wake up and think, "I really wish I drank last night." Never.

Comment

struggling tonight

Stewarts;1299535 wrote: I can tell you something, I gave you last night and feel terrible this whole day!

Do you want a wasted day tomorrow, like the one I'm having now? Besides an unproductive work day, I am not psyched about going to my mom's birthday dinner, and, a woman I date, who I happen to like a lot, I think is finally free to see me tonight (although we'd probably meet for a drink) I need to cancel, because I'm just not up for it.
                      Hope you manage to stay sober today and that tomorrow will be a better day for you :l
                      Taking it ODAT

Comment

struggling tonight

Wagoneer;1299527 wrote: I started listening to my subliminal download I got recently and it seems to help. I have been listening a few times a day these past few days. I have been really stressed. Just when I feel like I can do this BAMMO! I get hit with a "oh, just one wont hurt" thought. It has been much harder this time around than it was the first time. Let's keep each other strong! We can do this!

Waggy
                        Ooh what is your subliminal download please? I need more ammo!
                        Taking it ODAT

Comment

struggling tonight

flyaway and K9 thanks for the reminders

Listened to my cd and had a bath also ate a muller coconut fat free yoghurt they are new over here and lush!! going to eat some beef jerky now and have a cup of decaff, glad to say I think my danger time has passed now and I survived it

Thanks all of you :thanks:
                          Taking it ODAT

Comment

struggling tonight

Well Done!! You do get those times and IF you can beat it, u come out stronger and able to beat the urges easier next time!!:goodjob::goodjob:

Comment

Working...
                            X