• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuff uo

Day 2 and I messed it up.
    Help me guys.. Feel like a failure ...
    Today I chose to start living!

Stuff uo

So, come on over to the Newbie's Nest....it's a lot more active and we have people just starting out..you will be so happy to see people in the very same situation and hearing the same voices in their heads as you. We have lots of success over there..
    I don't know what your story is...but I don't know a single person here that got it right the first time. I tried moderating for a year, and it was the worst year of my life...I never drank harder. I am over a year sober now, and I can tell you, if you are serious about quitting this...you have found the right place...please join us over there...go to the Newbie's Nest and then hit the' last' button to get you to where we are now. In fact, you might try reading back a few weeks so you can learn who we are...then chime in. You are not a failure if you have reached out for help! Look forward to seeing you and hearing more!! Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Stuff uo

There are no failures - it's a journey, and they're never straight - hills, roundabouts, detours, stops, forwards, backs ... whilst you keep determined each part of the journey is something to learn from and which will keep you heading towards your goal - Keep it in sight and, with support, help, determination, courage and strength you'll get there. Join others starting out as it's good to have company and support - particularly from those who know exactly what you're facing and how you're feeling! This is only my first week, again, but I'm also determined this time will have been the last first day, so I look forward to seeing you on the road!
      :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
      Goals:
      Days 1-7 DONE
      Days 8-14 DONE
      Days 15-21 DONE
      30 days DONE
      60 days
      100 days

Comment

Stuff uo

So, we've all failed - no one got it right the first time. Byrdie's advice is spot on - visit the nest -- lots of support and good advice there. Do you have a plan for getting sober? It really helps to have an idea of how you're going to go about things. Sending you big hugs. :lilheart:

Comment

Stuff uo

We didn't become alcoholics overnight, so we're not going to be sober mind body and spirit overnight.
          Ya know how you do things by rote? You drive to work and sometimes forget the actual drive? Or you wake up, make coffee and get in the shower every single day? It's hard to break any habit, not just alcohol. We have to be patient with our minds adjusting to this new pathway.
          Day 1 again 11/5/19
          Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
          Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
          Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
          11/27/19: messed up but back on track
          12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
          X