• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May makeover

Let's make may a big success!
    No alcohol
    Eating right!
    Take a little fresh air, sunshine and exercise!
    Who wants to join??

Let's make this the best Month for our health and wellbeing!

No fail, lets join forces and move to a better life newbies xxx
    Today I chose to start living!

May makeover

me me ... i need to start excersizing.. its the one thing i haven't done yet.. AND sadly i have a gym membership and its across the street.... *sigh* soo lazy. but not for MAY...

i have a Motorcycle rally to go to in august in cape breton and i am GONNA fit into my leather jacket.. and i mean FIT INTO... not like a a sausage stuffed with too much meat.. with fat all spilling out the bottom and top...EWWWE or worse like now i can't get the zipper even close together...

caper
    caper
    AF since Sept 2013...
    :alf:

Comment

May makeover

Yay Caper
      Let's smash this!
      Health and fitness AF kick here we come!

Comment

May makeover

I'm here. I'm going to start a signature to help with this, with daily goals...Thanks for this!!:goodjob:

LG

"I like people too much or not at all."
        Sylvia Plath

Comment

May makeover

Omg so proud of u guys!
          We will be the fittest, healthiest guys going round! Well done!!

Comment

May makeover

I'm in. I need to get back into shape and start eating better. Just got back from the store and bought lots of veggies and fruit.

Comment

May makeover

Well done cuckoonest! Love ur shopping list!!!!

Comment

May makeover

What is your plan to start exercising? Since I have been a couch potato for about a year now, my plan is to start with a 15 minute walk twice a day. One at work during lunch and a 2nd one after dinner. From there I hope to build back up to where I was a year ago, which was about a 3 mile walk everyday and going to the gym @ 4-5 times a week.

Comment

May makeover

Count me in! I'm tired of stringing together a few pathetic days without Al only to succome time and time again.

I have a new puppy that i rescued from a shelter and hungover or not i've been walking her two or three times a day so my exercise program has already begun. It will be so nice to wake up hangover free and actually enjoy those morning walks.

I'm ready to commit and do whatever it takes to remain AL free. Thanks for starting this thread and motivated me to post and start my journey.

Ima
                  sigpic

Comment

May makeover

i am up for getting through may one sober day at a time!!
                    i have had to ride some major urge waves this afternoon, but they seem to be fading now.
                    i've been trying to going running every other day along with some good old fashioned floor exercised at home. i need to figure out what to do on the other days. something easy on the knees.
                    see you all tomorrow-- have a great evening...

Comment

May makeover

Ima, good for you for rescuing a puppy from a shelter. I volunteer at a no-kill shelter and it is always rewarding to see an animal go to a loving home. I wish you and your new puppy the best.

Comment

May makeover

Count me in, i have just joined a hockey team & i need to be A/F & fit especially at my age...lol xx
                        :dancin: enguin:
                        starting over

Comment

May makeover

I have booked in classes at the gym ( u have to prebook, which makes you more committed to attend)
                          Today I'm going to prepare big batch of healthy soup, so I can have a few freezer meals ready for days that are a little busy.
                          Thanks for joining in, we can all motivate each other

Keep positive!

Comment

May makeover

Here's to an alcohol free May AND I want to set a goal of losing 5 pounds. I have lost about 5 in the last month by being AF and eating healthily and this month I want to add yoga to the list. I need to work on my thinking and attitude as well!

Good luck to all! :h

Comment

May makeover

Good morning everyone!

Yesterday was day 1 done! I walked my puppy about 5 miles yesterday ( in 3 different outings). Most important i remained AF and woke up feeling good this AM even with not sleeping so well.

Onto day 2 and looking forward to a completely healthy May.

Ima - off to work early and then grocery shopping, will keep me busy tonight.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X