**I Did It!!**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**I Did It!!**

I did, I did it, I did it!!! I made it through a dinner party with my friends without having a drink! This is a huge step for me because most of my socializing involves my friends and drinking, so this was BIG for me! I was having second thoughts on whether to abstain or not...the demon thoughts were creeping in the closer it got to dinner time - I even asked my husband would he mind if I just had one and he said I had to make my own decision about this - but I gotta thank you all, because somehow knowing I would have to come here sooner or later made me think twice! Then, I found an old friend who turned out to be a great conversationalist, we just talked all night which made it so easy for me not to drink! Ahhhhhh, I'm so relieved! Dori

**I Did It!!**

FANTASTIC Dori!!!!!

:happy::happy::happy:

I'm really happy for you. Feels good, doesn't it?

Comment

**I Did It!!**

Good Job Dorilynn, and I bet you thought you couldn't.:goodjob:
      Enlightened by MWO

Comment

**I Did It!!**

Hope to post a similar message next week. Well done !!!!

Comment

**I Did It!!**

Well done Dorilynn :goodjob:
          Enough is enough

Comment

**I Did It!!**

Fantastic, we knew you could!
            Suz
            Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

Comment

**I Did It!!**

Well Done, It does feel good doesn't it ....
              sigpicXXX

Comment

**I Did It!!**

Hi, we haven't met yet but you are my inspiration today! I just had a (relatively) dry weekend and my big challenge is to have this week AF. I'll keep thinking of you.
                K x

Comment

**I Did It!!**

Well done! Now you know it can be done and that will help you through the week.

Congrats!!!!
                  Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

**I Did It!!**

The weeks are easy for me - rarely ever drink M-F -- it's always the weekends that are tough! As I mentioned, I've always been a huge social drinker, and there's usually something going on during the weekend and even if there's not, I use the end of the week to justify a good ol' smashing! My husband has observed that it's as if I think I've worked hard all week and deserve to get obliterated and he's right! That's exactly what I do! And what a crazy thing that is when you think about it...why in the world would we WANT to get so smashed we slurr our words, can't remember what we say, and feel horrible the next day! I will tell you, as challenging as last night was, right down to the minute I stepped out of the car going up to the door of our friends' dinner party, I was unsure what I was going to do! But now that I've made it through it, I feel so great mentally and physically! Funny thing is - no one even noticed I didn't drink -not even during the birthday toast or afterwards! Well...onwards I go...hoping everyone has a great AF week!

Comment

**I Did It!!**

:goodjob:
                      :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

**I Did It!!**

Well done Dori,

you're a star.

Comment

Working...
                        X