Finally realizing that I need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waited until I was 41 to become an alcoholic. I am now 43. What makes it worse is I am in the mental health field and have alot of experience evaluating addicts. Can't believe I am here. Best friend of 32 years died suddenly 1.5 years ago and it has been down hill ever since. Have tried to go to a meeting but for some reason I am terrified. I am going to really try to log on to an online meeting tonight. I was also recently diagnosed Bipolar in November after being treated for depression for many years. I am sure this has something to do with my alcoholism. I have always had an addiction of some kind... food, shopping now this. I am very fearful and confused.

Hi Lynx,
    I wanted to welcome you and let you know that you are not alone. There are so many people here that can identify with you. Don't be afraid here, you are in a safe place! There's a lot of wisdom, encouragment and support here. Please keep posting so we can get to know you. You might want to post in the Newbies Nest thread, there's a lot of activity there. I am glad you've found us.
    K9
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hi lynx,

I just want to say welcome and lend you a little support. The tool box thread can be very useful: https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

I found the concepts of "witching hour" and "urge surfing" to be very helpful for me. :welcome:
      "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
      AF 11/12/11

Comment

Working...
      X