i really want this to work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:new: and I have never joined any on line forum or chat group before but a couple of days ago I found the my way out site and it seemed to offer something that I think I need, which is help to reduce my drinking down to acceptable and safe levels. I really don't want to have to stop altogether and I hope that it hasn't got to that point yet but when I am not at owrk- at the weekend perhaps if there is wine in the house I alwys drink more than I mean to and i don't like what it does to me. i had a serious operation a few years ago to avoid early breast cancer because i wanted to see my children grow up and why am I doing this to myself? I know what it is like if your mother dies early as my mother died of cancer when i was 22 and I don't want o put my children through that and I know that by drinking the levels I do that i probably am.
    The support I am sure I will get here has got to help; hasn't it? Please?

Welcome Gypsy!! Yes, the support here is unbelievable and is a source of strength for many of us. I look forward to getting to know you and wish you the best in achieving your goals!!! :welcome:
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

The support here is greater than anything I have ever heard of, it is people trying to make their lives better and we all help each other.

You will do well, we all support,

Sammys

Comment

Hello Gypsy, I joined today after hesitating for a few weeks and I feel the same as you, that this site offers me what I need to quit drinking. good luck to both of us.

Dancer.

Comment

Hi Gypsy & :welcome:

I promise you that the support that you will get WILL help you ...

When I came here three months ago I was a wreck, drinking at least 3 bottles of wine a day, every day!

I now only drink at weekends, and not till at least 7pm, and only have 3-4 glasses of wine ...

Good luck
          sigpicXXX

Comment

thanks folks

:thanks: already this has lived up to what i was hoping for- I have the sort of high profile job where i can't appear to let anyone down and it can be really hard knowing that all the time I think i am becasue I am on lesss than top form due to alcohol- i need to find the strength of will now to do this anymore; and beleive that it is necessary. thanks.

Comment

Hi Gypsi and welcome again...I just welcomed you in the mods boards too

I also have children and one of the biggest motivators getting me here was them. I wanted to be there for them and to remember their childhood. I was at a point of not remember most nights. I knew I was not in a healthy state...I couldn't have been. I recently went back and read my first post here. I am so thankful I found this site.

Keep posting and reaching out for help. The people here are incredibly helpful and open. They will take the time to offer support, their experiences and knowledge. It does work!

Take Care
              "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Welcome Gypsy Girl! I also have children and have developed a drinking problem. I have just joined a few days ago and am on day 4 of not drinking at all. I can totally relate to your concerns about your job and the stress drinking has with that and having a serious medical condition which alcohol could really jeporadize. It sounds like you are recognizing you have a problem and that is actually a huge step. I hope you stick around and we can all help you.
                NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
                AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

Day one

well here i am with my first day of abstinence. i took 2 kudzu and 1 5-HTP last night along with 1 naltrexone. i slept like a baby as the 5-HTP really made me sleepy. i have a couple questions, how many kudzu's do most of you take and how often?

anyway the naltrexone and kudzu's seem to really help with the craving or desire i usually experience.

please everyone wish me success as honestly this alcohol problem is the only miserable thing in my life.

thank you

Comment

Welcome Gypsy!

You'll find that this is a diverse group with alot to offer.
                    :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Hello Gypsy, and you too Lucky One,
                      Thanks for coming.

Comment

Gypsy, if you have family history of cancer that's another good reason to cut down or abstain (sorry, don't mean to be a nag). this is my first forum too and it's been just wonderful and enlightening.
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                        X