Day 3 AF Free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 3 AF Free

Went to my first meeting last night. Going to another tonight. I am not sure if AA is for me, but I am willing to do whatever it takes. I am feeling really "clear headed" this morning. I don't feel so bloated (which I blamed on everything but alcohol). I can afford coffee today :yay:
    :hDOING THIS FOR ME FOR TODAY!:h

WORD FOR THE DAY: HUMBLE

DAY - 1 Done
    DAY - 2 Processing
    DAY - 3
    DAY - 4
    DAY - 5
    DAY - 6
    DAY - 7
    DAY - 8
    DAY - 9
    DAY -10

Day 3 AF Free

Hey leciejo, I was you yesterday! Congrats on your progress! I feel even better today(so far) so keep it up. This site seems to be so supportive and welcoming, so it looks like we're in the right place! There were some rough spots yesterday, but I got through it minute by minute and so can you! Good job on the meetings, I've tried it and it's not really for me but it works for so many. Enjoy your coffee!

Comment

Day 3 AF Free

Hey leciejo

You are doing great - and everything is worth a try at least a few times! Good luck and enjoy your coffee! From my own experience, today and tomorrow will be the hardest - if you can get over that, you will be well on your way. Think of it like climbing a hill - you are almost at the top, just the last few yards and you'll be over the worst of the struggle.

Keep posting and let us know how you get on.

Snap x
      Never put off to tomorrow what you can achieve today!

Comment

Day 3 AF Free

Thanks Momma and Snap! Today feels good so far, on minute at a time.

DAY - 1 Done
        DAY - 2 Processing
        DAY - 3
        DAY - 4
        DAY - 5
        DAY - 6
        DAY - 7
        DAY - 8
        DAY - 9
        DAY -10

Comment

Day 3 AF Free

great job on day 3, Leiciejo!!
          i've also been going to some aa meetings and i'm also not sure whether they are for me. we only have them in my neck of the woods twice a week and i feel like it does me good to have the extra support. and usually i get something from the stories the others are telling. my problem is that i'm scared to death to speak in front of a group. that being more than 1 or 2 people. i'm trying to get over it but find it very difficult. was there anyone in the group you felt you might be able to connect with?
          i'm on day 9 and it is getting a bit easier. hang in there. i'm glad you're here!!

Comment

Day 3 AF Free

Hi Life, yeah, I am absolutely terrified of speaking in public. I have major speech probs after a life changing tumor resection in my jaw a couple of years ago, so even more so now. I was shocked honestly when I arrived at the meeting. It was at a church in the valley just becoming evening and the massive trees and expanse of green was just breathtaking. I felt like I was coming home. I was very comfortable and actually knew someone. The group was 99% my peers and I will def. be going back to that one. The topic was not exactly right on for me, but they all can't be about me right? Peace

DAY - 1 Done
            DAY - 2 Processing
            DAY - 3
            DAY - 4
            DAY - 5
            DAY - 6
            DAY - 7
            DAY - 8
            DAY - 9
            DAY -10

Comment

Day 3 AF Free

Hey Leciejo

Congrats on your 3 days! Stay strong!
              You will just feel better every day. AA was not for me but it can be for a lot of people.
              It's nice to have people to hang out with that are consistently sober.
              I had over 3 months and slipped, then slipped again. I'm back on track and doing fine.
              There's nothing to do but get through each day the best you can and know that alcohol makes everything worse.

Comment

Day 3 AF Free

that sounds like a beautiful place to meet. very positive!! ive also felt very relaxed and calm at the meetings i've been to here. wishing you all the best and lots of strength. you're doing so well!!

Comment

Working...
                X