[B]How am I NOT having WD symptoms??[/B]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[B]How am I NOT having WD symptoms??[/B]

I am and have been very fearful of the withdrawl symptoms I have so often heard about. I am a wino by choice but will drink whatever is on hand. I drink daily for "fun" for many years now. Not unlike me to drink shot after shot, bottle (s) of wine in an evening. Double on the weekends. My life is definitely unmanageable. I lost my sister to AL six years ago, not a pretty way to die. She suffered horribly and died in a miserable state funded hospice. You would think I'd have stopped sooner. Not Me, I'm tough. sheeesh. I already take paxil for depression and anxiety, but I guess my question is this: I am only AF 4 days now. I have not had any great WD symptoms, but this site recommends a LOT of supplements and medications. Is this something I should be looking into? Thanks
    :hDOING THIS FOR ME FOR TODAY!:h

WORD FOR THE DAY: HUMBLE

DAY - 1 Done
    DAY - 2 Processing
    DAY - 3
    DAY - 4
    DAY - 5
    DAY - 6
    DAY - 7
    DAY - 8
    DAY - 9
    DAY -10

How am I NOT having WD symptoms??

Well done, I would hope that has you have been off al for 4 days now you should be ok. I stopped drinking and did not take all the supps, and did not get bad withdrawals, just insomnia, and sweats, not too bad. I do take milk thistle, which helps your liver to detox, and also helps repair damage. A lot of people on this site swear by the supps, so they are worth looking at. The mwo book is very good and gives lots of advice. Good luck.

Comment

Hi Leciejo,
      Everyone is different, so there is no guarantee that you will or will not have withdrawals. I drank a 12 pack of beer everyday for a decade and when I quit, I had very MILD withdrawals, a little shakiness, nausea. Basically it was no worse than a hangover (because hangovers ARE withdrawals). If you are on day 4, you are through the worst of what you will experience. I have tried Milk Thistle and L-Glut in the past, just to help support my body as the alcohol was clearing out. I don't take anything now, other than regular vitamins. I am sorry to hear about your sister, but I am glad you are taking steps to avoid the same situation. Please hang in there and let us know how you are progressing!
      K9
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Thanks, I've heard a lot about Milk Thistle and I do have some liver probs so I think I will at least look into that one.
        :hDOING THIS FOR ME FOR TODAY!:h

WORD FOR THE DAY: HUMBLE

DAY - 1 Done
        DAY - 2 Processing
        DAY - 3
        DAY - 4
        DAY - 5
        DAY - 6
        DAY - 7
        DAY - 8
        DAY - 9
        DAY -10

Comment

CONGRATS on your AF time Leciejo!

Feel fortunate you are not having WD symptoms. You probably know they can be quite severe even life threatening for some people.

Establishing a healthy routine including some good vit/mineral supplements, healthy food & exercise & mostly developing new habits should be your priority & your plan now
          Do this for yourself & in memory of your sister.

Wishing you the best!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi leciejo,
            Milk thistle and vitb1 are a good supplement to take as al robbs us of the minerals.
            I suffered from insomnia, but well done on you great start!!!! Be proud of yourself!!!
            Sorry to hear the loss of your sister, may she rest in peace xx
            Today I chose to start living!

Comment

Working...
            X