day 3 sober! Yeah!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

day 3 sober! Yeah!!!

I am one day 3 thank u Lord! The first 2 days I had debilitating anxiety. It was sooo horrible. I NEVER want to go thru that again. Feeling great today and hopeful for the first time in a long time. I can finally visualize myself having a great time without having a drink. I wont get too comfortable, tho, because I know that is a set up for relapse. One day at a time.

day 3 sober! Yeah!!!

Hi Lynx!
    Way to go on 3 days! In my opinion, those are the hardest to get through. Now you can focus on keeping your momentum going. You are right in not letting yourself get complacent, that is a set up for a relapse. How do you plan to get through the weekend? Try to stay as busy as possible and change your routine. Do things you normally wouldn't do. If you went out to drink, stay home. If you drank at home, go places you can't drink, i.e. movies, park, library, shopping, etc. I was an "at home" drinker, so I completely re-arranged my living room so that my drinking "spot" looked different. Little things can help. Get some movies and books and keep your mind busy. Clean out a closet if all else fails! LOL
    You are doing great...keep it up and keep us posted!
    K9
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

day 3 sober! Yeah!!!

Thanks

Yes I have a great weekend planned and none of it involves drinking. Going to a movie... which I have not done in a long. Going to the Brooklyn Museum... I live in NYC. I also taped alot of stuff on my DVR to watch.... AND I am reading a book called Life Shift by Aleta St James, who I had my first appointment with in her office last week. It is expensive but so worth it!

Comment

day 3 sober! Yeah!!!

CONGRATS lynx!
        Staying extra busy was key for me in the beginning!

There is a good life ahead without AL for you

Keep up the great work!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

day 3 sober! Yeah!!!

Hi Lynx
          Congratulations on day 3. The next 2 or3 days will be hard but then it should get a little easier. I'm now on day 71 and looking back it was well worth the early struggle. I've just posted in the Tool Box my thoughts at 70 days (earlier this am) so you might want to check this out as it gives you an idea what to expect at each stage.

Keep going!

Comment

day 3 sober! Yeah!!!

Congrats!!! Way to go!! It gets even easier from here and than sometimes harder. We are here for you!!!:goodjob:
            Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Working...
            X