1st day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st day

Today is my first day starting the program. Does anyone actually feel like the supps make them physically feel better, or is it in your head? opinions, anyone?
    Thanks. Mary

1st day

Hi Mary:

Welcome :welcome: and congrats on making this first step. I think that the supps definately help. I have taken them and then stopped and, for me, there is a big difference. Everyone is different though. Let us know how you are doing.
    Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

1st day

Hi Mary,
      They do help in the long run as you repair the damage done to your body and brain. As you get further along you will know what to keep taking and what you can let go of.
      The research section is priceless.
      Welcome to MWO.
      Love,
      Nancy
      "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

1st day

Well done Mary, the first one is always the hardest.
        Keep it up
        Suz
        Suz
        Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

Comment

1st day

I think they make a difference. Like Nancy said, repairing some of the damage.

Comment

1st day

Hello Mary,
            The supps certainly do help, particularly the kudzu. Give everything a few days to get circulating round and cleaning up your body, and you'll really start to feel a difference. It is subtle (just like the way our alcohol dependecy crept up on us) but in 10 days to 2 weeks, you'll be feeling the effects. You may not be able to tackle tall buildings or locomotives, but you'll wake up in the morning with a smiling heart.
            Well done for day one. Let us know how you go.
            Rags.

Comment

1st day

Welcome Mary, day 2 for me and does feel good to wake up without a hangover. Still tired but I think once the sups are working my energy level will spike. Keep it up.

Comment

1st day

Supps?

Hi, sorry for being thick but what are supps? and where do you get them from?

Lorna
                Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

1st day

Supplements and you can get them from this website. Go to the homepage.

Kudzu, GABA, L-Glut, Amino Acids etc...they help
                  "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

1st day

Supps

Okay found it thanks. Bit pricey to buy all at once to try, what are recommendations? Do work full time but still think bit pricey (what do others think) and what do you folks who are not earning take? Lorna x
                    Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

1st day

I was having bloodwork done as I was doing the program & my vit.B levels were high & my Dr. told me to stop taking Vit.B & powder drink and just take 1 multi -vitamin instead.
                      :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

1st day

Congrats,
                        The subs work. They take away the chemical dependency that's been keeping you from becoming sober. When I went to AA meetings they preached abstence, that was the way to sobriety. That was all well & good but I still graved the booze. Subs. Will help stop that craving.........IAD
                        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                        Dr. Seuss

Comment

1st day

I think the supps help me, I'm an all or nothing sort of person, so I do it to the letter. Yes, initially it seems pricey...but I reckon I'm saving so much not buying booze, I'm going to be far better off in every sense in the long run.

Comment

1st day

Hy Lorna. Hi Marytodd, hi all

I'm new too, since Friday... Had my first AF night last night in maybe a year- WA HEY!!! Awful insomnia and feel totally spacey today, but this is a HUGE achievement for me. Going to keep AF till Saturday at least.

Supps - well, I see Lorna you are in the UK too. I bought all mine at Holland & Barrett. I bought Magnesium 250mg, Kudzu, Vit B50, an all in one mineral and vitamin supplement, milk thistle, and evening primrose oil 1300mg. It all came to about ?45 I think and will last a month or more - some bottles are bigger than others. Read the site fuly as Beaches says to get all the details of what you need.

The way I look at it, this is WAY WAY cheaper than getting s***faced every night!

I have felt a bit odd since moderating this weekend and taking the supps - a bit speedy and floaty. Not unpleasant. I am taking SSRIs for depression so maybe it's just that that I can finally feel after numbing myself totally with booze for so long. Who knows. anyway, good luck fellow newbies and let's keep talking!

K x

Comment

Working...
                            X