Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N.

Hello Everyone!

Well I'm back again.. I haven't been on here for a while although have been working really hard to stay sober. I didn't drink for 5 months but then fell back into my old habits for a while and have recently started again and am currently 10 days AF. I did have a weak moment this afternoon though, while shopping I nearly managed to convince myself that it was ok to buy some wine, and that I'd just start again the next day after all it had only been ten days. Which now typing that actually is quite a long time.I didn't buy it though, and am now sitting drinking my coffee from Mcdonalds, listening to my new favourite song L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N. (i.e the title haha) and back on MWO. I'm really happy to be back and really want to keep fighting this thing.
    angel77 xx
    Courage is not the absence of fear, it's acting in spite of it.

L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N.

WELCOME BACK Angel! You had 5 months, so you KNOW you can do this, you just need to be on your guard! Maybe join one of the daily threads, I know it really helped me in the early days to come on and post every day, I felt accountable and was great to have people around me who understood!

Good to see you!
    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N.

Thank you Your support means alot. Where is a daily thread? That sounds like a good idea. Thanks again, good to see you also!

Comment

L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N.

There is The Newbies Nest or the 30 Day Thread or the MAYkin it Sober thread to name but a few...all good people there and great support to be had, have a look and see which feels right for you xx

AF 10th May 2010
        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N.

Ok cool. I shall have a look Thanks!

Comment

L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N.

one2many - how can I find a specific thread like the 30 day thread? I am new and have only posted on the Newbies Nest.

angel - I posted to you on the Newbies Nest that I am also at day 10. Wow, we are doing great I am cautiously optimistic but want to keep it going. Let me know if you find a good daily thread. So glad you resisted buying the wine. I had to get rid of everything at home. The temptation was just too much for me.

Comment

L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N.

o Sporty!

They are in General discussion.

Here are a couple of good ones x

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...ber-63726.html

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...ent-62441.html

and this one in Need Help ASAP.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f7...-af-63885.html

Find one you like and get posting!

AF 10th May 2010
              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N.

Sportymom - haha yay we can do it together then Well I'm living with other people so a bit hard to get rid of everything.. Although I guess anyway I go there always seems to be alcohol anyway, so it's good practice trying to resist it. It's also not my alcohol so that helps a bit.

Comment

L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N.

interesting ? life does go on and your in the best place for it ,plus you hav a bonus,you have a lovely young lady and others supporting you all you can do is TRY wishing you well ME

Comment

L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N.

Hi Angel - how is your day 11 going? Mine is good so far. Keeping really busy always seems to help. I guess clearing out all the AL isn't possible when it's not all yours! That makes it a lot harder. Hope you have a great day

one2many - thanks for the links to the daily threads. I need all the help I can get finding my way around.

Comment

L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N.

No prob Sporty, just ask me if you have any problems xx You will get the hang of it x

AF 10th May 2010
                      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N.

Hi Sportymom, It's day 14 for me now It is going pretty well thanks. Haha yes it does make it a bit harder, although it is in a bar, in a separate room, so that makes it easier not to have to look at it every time I open the fridge! Hope you are having a lovely day too. xx

Comment

L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N.

hi nice to hear your story bcuz five days without is hard for me and i desperatly wanna quit bcuz i start riding my cycle soon and it was runnig good but i messed with it now i have to get it back right but i dont think im really ready so not being able to really drive it helps but today i find myself with a beer feeling sad bcuz i dont no if i can quit and feeling i may hurt or kill myself from drinking and driving the first thing i saw when searching for help is ur story and i know it will be a hard jouney but i have to give up my drinking habit thats from a proud father of three girls we can do it u inspired me

Comment

L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N.

Angel - great job getting to day 14!! Yay!! I think I miscounted my days because yesterday was day 14 for me It was really hard last night because me and the hubby went to a really nice restaurant and he had 2 Kettle One and tonics and I had my coke. Everyone around us was drinking their fancy wine and I wanted a glass soooo bad!! But I am so proud of myself for getting through day 14 and I feel great this morning. I hope you have a terrific weekend!

ynot - I'm so glad you posted. I will be thinking about you this weekend and hoping you can be strong. Giving up AL for the kids is one of the best reasons I can think of! They need you!

:welcome: Keep posting.

Comment

L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N.

Oh, and Angel.....love your picture!!

Comment

Working...
                              X