Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please advise and help me :-(

r u

Nelz;1313024 wrote: My posts tend to get a little bit long winded so Ill try and keep this short and sweet.

I was like you, I couldnt imagine life without my beloved alchohol........now that I have some AF time behind me, I cant imagine a life with alcohol in it.
    i drive a bike and dont want to kill myself that sounds bad but thats the future if i keep drinking and driving

Comment

K9Lover;1313287 wrote: Hi Noodle!

I never thought I would get off the roller-coaster-from-hell either. I couldn't imagine life without alcohol...I mean, what would I do every night? Now I can't believe I ever lived like that. I was making myself sick mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually. I tried for years to just STOP. I doubt anyone gets it on their first (or 50th) try, but the key is to keep trying. We only fail when we quit quitting. You can do this, I know you can. There is evidence all around these boards of people that have done it. I never thought I could, but I did, and you can too. Please stick close to us and keep posting. Take it one day, hour, minute, second at a time. Just get through a few days and it will get easier. I'm wishing you strength!

K9
      like like like/like/like+like= like!!! like# like100%

Comment

like?+like!=like!!!

Unwasted;1313202 wrote: Noodle, someone coined the term "euphoric recall" about alcohol. I would bet that your memory isn't serving you very honestly about it. By the time we get to MWO, drinking has usually become a huge negative in our lives.

Most of us cling to something that's a long-term habit/addiction. I couldn't imagine my life without alcohol either. But as Nelz said, now I can't imagine it with it.

One thing I learned after trying to quit for over 1/1/2 years is that I never gave it long enough to "get to the other side." It wasn't until I was 4-5 months sober that I REALLY understood that I wanted to be sober much more than I wanted to drink.

You have to be solid in your plan, know that you CANNOT take the first drink EVER, have diversions during your witching hour (for me it was exercise, reading, hot baths, t.v., books and posting here), eat super healthy foods whenever possible, read about addiction (voraciously for me), tap into a spiriritual part of yourself, try things that you haven't tried, and really want it.

Best to you,
        UN :lilheart:
        like#like$like&like(like)~like~1!k3like-__-

Comment

Working...
        X