Need Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help

Someone please talk me out of leaving here (work) and stopping to buy a bottle of wine. I have had the most stressful day. I work in a stressful hospital situation anyway and today has just been awful. I am taking orders from three very big cheese docs and not one of them has communicated with the other. I had a meltdown about an hour ago and almost quit. I normally lovee my job but the hospital system is undergoing some very big changes and I am caught in the middle. I handled it quit well, I think. I decided to go with the highest ranking doc. The other two can..........nevermind. My anxiety level is through the roof and I am afraid of the night. Thanks!
    :hDOING THIS FOR ME FOR TODAY!:h

WORD FOR THE DAY: HUMBLE

DAY - 1 Done
    DAY - 2 Processing
    DAY - 3
    DAY - 4
    DAY - 5
    DAY - 6
    DAY - 7
    DAY - 8
    DAY - 9
    DAY -10

Need Help

Oh Leci :l

I'm sorry you're having so much anxiety and stress right now. What will wine do for you? It will "convince" you that you are relaxing, but in reality it will be raising your heart rate, blood pressure, and eventually you will crash. Think of how you will feel in the morning. Can you really handle those 3 Big Cheese's tomorrow with a hangover? Do you want to be in a fog when you are dealing with other issues at work? Think how much better a nice long hot bath would be. Have a cup of tea. Watching something really stupid on TV. Put on some fuzzy socks and get in bed early. You CAN do this. I know it's hard, but it's DOABLE!! A craving never lasts as long as a hangover! Ride it out, you'll be glad you did!
    Sending you stregth!!!

K9
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Need Help

go for a LONG HARD WALK.....
      make yourself pant and sweat
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Need Help

Good point Mama. I left out exercise.

Do as my trainer Jillian tells me "keep going until you feel like you are about to die, then keep going"..."feel your heart gurgling in your throat"..."pant, scream, yell...just don't give up".

After that, drinking AL will be the last thing on your mind!

Stay strong Leci!!!

Comment

Need Help

Hi

Hi Leciejo and welcome!

Ah, yes - alcohol to 'relax', 'unwind', 'forget', 'cope', 'survive', or as a reward to ourselves because we 'deserve it'! It is such a trigger, but it's yet another falicy - we can do all that and 100% more successfully when alcohol free! So don't let the stressful situation derail you - drinking won't be a solution, it could (probably will) compound the problem. You've made a great start, have a great goal plan, so stick with it and tomorrow you'll wake up proud and clear-headed ready to face the challenges of another day!

Keep strong, keep reading and posting and look forward to seeing you around.
          :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
          Goals:
          Days 1-7 DONE
          Days 8-14 DONE
          Days 15-21 DONE
          30 days DONE
          60 days
          100 days

Comment

Need Help

I can tell you it will just make things worse!! I second the walking idea!

Comment

Need Help

Hi leciejo - don't do it! I love the going for a walk idea. I have a beautiful park by me and when I go there it helps me unwind and relax. Or maybe you can run by the mall, or browse through a bookstore, or wash your car, or give yourself a pedicure. Be strong. I know you can do it :h

Comment

Need Help

L- I am a nurse and I understand the stress you are under.
                You will not change the 3 assholes by drinking, you know that. We always look for excuses to drink, but the truth is, we hate drinking and we want to be sober for a reason. Remember your reasons!
                Day 1 again 11/5/19
                Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Need Help

Spent 28 years dealing with hospital stress myself, it sucks!
                  Don't screw up your hard work & goals over those 3 assholes
                  Stay in your AF zone ~ you won't be sorry
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Need Help

Leicijo... Hope everything is okay and things get less stressful at your work. Thinking of you this morning.

Comment

Need Help

Hi Leciejo!

How did it go last night? I was thinking of you last night...hope you're ok. No matter what happened, let us know ok? We're here and we DO understand.

K9

Comment

Working...
                      X