Day 5 but....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 5 but....

Tomorrow is Friday, and then there is Saturday,.......

What is everyone planning to do to keep clean on the "no school tomorrow" nights of the week?

I am going to dig my old vinyl out and play some tunes. Maybe even get the guitar out and give it another go. If music is the food who needs the drink
    Last drink 6th September 2013

Day 5 but....

Hi Softy,

I won't lie...weekends are hard, especially at first. It's good that you have something you plan on doing...stay busy no matter what. I watched a lot of movies at first, your music sounds a lot more productive! Just think how good you will feel without a hangover on those "no school" days! Stay strong and stick close to us, we can help.

K9
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Day 5 but....

Weekends are also a little tougher for me to. Just keep busy and stay away from AL especially in the beginning.
      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Day 5 but....

Hi Softy good to see you back and not giving up.
        At the start i stayed real close to this site reading, lurking and posting , the good thing is you already know you have went 3 months before and therefore can do it again. The weekends do get easier as time goes on, i dont even think about them now.
        AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Day 5 but....

Softy;1318134 wrote: Tomorrow is Friday, and then there is Saturday,.......

What is everyone planning to do to keep clean on the "no school tomorrow" nights of the week?

I am going to dig my old vinyl out and play some tunes. Maybe even get the guitar out and give it another go. If music is the food who needs the drink
          Oh man, Id love to hear some vinyl tunes! Some old school 70's VERY early 80' before CD's took over.

I think you have a wonderful plan.....if you invest as much time and energy with that geeeetar of yours, that you used to with drinking, you and G-man(Guitarista on here), can form your own MWO band....and Ill lay down the drum track.

Do your best to redirect your thoughts when they tell you that you need to drink. You are training your brain NOT to drink anymore. Its hard at first, but it will get easier the more that you do it....its kind of like practicing with that 6 string.....kinda clumsy at first but then.......viola!

Wishing you strength over this weekend, but if you manage to put it behind you AF, you will be VERY pleased
          Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Day 5 but....

Thanks all - got a bit of mellow reggae on now but got my rare 60s soul records for later when I may even roll the carpet back and have a dance - just me and the dogs!
            Last drink 6th September 2013

Comment

Day 5 but....

Now that sounds like a good time Softy. I'll be alone this weekend with the dogs too...they're great company though. I like them because they think I am so smart, pretty, funny and right about everything! LOL
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
              X