An experiment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An experiment

So Dixon mentioned why we dont we talk about the percieved disadvantages of being a teetotaller.?

I think thats a superb idea.

I'll start of:

I cant feel sexy or attractive when i,m sober?
    Completely false, as i have just recently discoved. I LOVE making love sober...I'm not playing a role, I'm just me, in all my vulnerabilty

I'm not socially confident when I,m sober?
    False, I'm more confidant, as I know I'm not going to make an idiot out of myself. So there is a feeling of safty, which makes me more realistically confident.

Parties are boring sober.

False If I have to get hammered to enjoy it, its boring anyway. My sons birthday lunch party was a blast, and I was the only sober one.

So thats the begining of my list folks, please feel free to add to and question the disavantages of being sober.

An experiment

I went out on Friday evening with 25 people who are in long term sobriety, we had a chinese banquet, cabaret and disco, it was one of the best evenings I have had in a long time. Can honestly say it was better than going out with my long time girlfriends where all we do is knock the vino back, talk shite and can't remember anything the next morning.
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

An experiment

I really enjoy sober evenings with my boyfriend. I know the addictive voice sneaks up on me and tries to say things like "it'll be more fun sitting in the backyard with a glass of wine instead of iced tea" or "wouldn't this day just be perfect if you can unwind with a glass of wine at the end of the day".
      I mean...no. That is so stupid. I have had so many wonderful sober evenings with the boyfriend where we drink tea and enjoy ourselves.

So no...alcohol doesn't make evenings better. I do.
      And I can remember it the next day too when I don't drink.

Comment

Working...
      X