Killer Hangover Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Killer Hangover Today

So today i have a hangover. Drank a bottle of wine last night. have been throwing up all morning, massive headache, reading the stupid emails i sent to friends.....AGH, didn't want to check my emails, once I remembered what i had done. Think I have offended a dear friend and colleague....

The positive thing about this though, is I realized i haven't had a hangover in what seems like ages.....I used to wake up like this EVERY SINGLE DAY ,with exactly the same physical and emotional reactions as above, for years.

So the fact that it is not a normal thing for me to have a hangover, rather than the norm, i suppose is something.

Why did i get drunk last night? because I could. I have noticed i can stop after 2 drinks ( with an supreme act of willpower) anything more than 2, and its game on.

So this morning I'm doing the usual after drinking disaster self talk, "daya, you'll just have to stop at 2 from now on, blah, blah, blah.." and giving myself all sorts of tips and ideas of what to do with drinking when I go away to a conference in 3 weeks. I am very worried about drinking at this conference...

Then like a lightening bolt from the sky, an idea comes to me!! Why don't i just not bloody drink at all????? DUH?????!!!!!!

WOW, what a concept!!!! Why didn't I think of it before?????:nutso:

That will solve the fears of not stopping at 2, drinking water in between, ordering light beer etc.

I have 21 days to get fully sober, not pretend like i currently am. i need to go to this conference with the habit of drinking erased, or it will be a disaster, professionally, and personally.

Last year, I got into an argument in the bar with our top ranking general, and i was physically removed by a friend. (The soldiers thought it was cool) it could have been professional suicide, if the general hadn't been as drunk as me.

So day 1 again. I'm off to throw up.

Killer Hangover Today

Sweetheart

we have all been there. And there is no way jusify it. I got super drunk on a work retrest, but hid it from everyone. I have know idea how I did. Drink tons of water, supplements an d hang in there. When an event worries me....I try my best....but always get drunk anyways. Don't do me

Comment

Killer Hangover Today

Hi Daya. I definitely found it easier to have zero drinks than to have two! Trying to limit my drinking just was not a reliable strategy. More often than not, I had no control at all after the first drink. With zero drinks, I have nothing to worry about. Life is much less stressful without the booze to worry over!

Good luck to you - and may the hangover pass quickly.

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Killer Hangover Today

Hey Daya...

You can do this...
        I don't have a conference to go to in 3 weeks...but I have a boyfriends "awards" type thing to go to that I was shitfaced in the last year...super embarassing. I stood there "staring" at things that weren't there...omg. How embarrassing.
        So tomorrow is my day 1...and it is going to be hard not drinking during this thing because EVERYONE is going to be drinking.
        Is that your problem to?
        You can do this. I'll do it with you..
        It is hard. I am trying. I am on day 1 for the millionth time tomorrow...but after some pain in my right hand side under my rib cage (liver??) today...well...when you look at it from the grand scheme of things..it isn't worth it.

I drank last night too...
        It wasn't great either.

Hope you're doing well.

Comment

Killer Hangover Today

Yes DG, that was the lightening bolt realization...if i dont drink at all, it stops all the wrestling. I have done it in the past, and i will do it again. I am ore sick about the stupid ranting emails I sent....

Sunflower, I wish i could hide it when away, unfortunately, I end up doing highly visible stupid things....I am just so sick of this, and me....

It really has to end. i have to stop flirting with the subconscious idea i can moderate.

I think i will start practicing the words "thank you, i don't drink"

Comment

Killer Hangover Today

Hi briseus, I read your posts this morning....i shouldn't say this, but i really laughed when you mentioned staring at things that weren't there

yes, we will do this together!!! The conference is a military one, they all drink like maniacs. my best friend will be there, he is a social drinker, and is begging me to give up, I have done some really hurtful things to him whilst drunk, ....so I need to really get a grip.

I have been getting a similar pain on my right side..I had hepatitis when i was a teenager, and have a heart condition, so its madness for me to drink. have you gone for a liver check?

Lets stay close here, and motivate each other

briseus;1323973 wrote: Hey Daya...

You can do this...
            I don't have a conference to go to in 3 weeks...but I have a boyfriends "awards" type thing to go to that I was shitfaced in the last year...super embarassing. I stood there "staring" at things that weren't there...omg. How embarrassing.
            So tomorrow is my day 1...and it is going to be hard not drinking during this thing because EVERYONE is going to be drinking.
            Is that your problem to?
            You can do this. I'll do it with you..
            It is hard. I am trying. I am on day 1 for the millionth time tomorrow...but after some pain in my right hand side under my rib cage (liver??) today...well...when you look at it from the grand scheme of things..it isn't worth it.

I drank last night too...
            It wasn't great either.

Hope you're doing well.

Comment

Killer Hangover Today

Welcome back Daya. I was wondering where you had gone. Don't you know when you leave here you come back with a hangover from hell? That'll fix ya!

I think you've got the right idea about the conference in that it would be best to abstain. I now understand what other members were talking about when they said modding was such a pain in the ass! I'd rather just continue getting drunk every night than to measure out what I'm going to drink, decide when I could drink, where I could drink and so on. What a nightmare! AF might be difficult at first, but modding seems like hell.

Well, I've spent a mostly unproductive weekend. I did do some vacuuming today and some laundry last night, but for the most part I've been watching Netflix and laying around on my ass.:H I can't really blame it on being newly sober, because I'm not. I guess it was just one of those "lost" weekends, but I'll take it over one I can't remember!

Hang tough Daya!

LG (sorry for rambling about myself in your thread. I forgot I wasn't in the Nest, lmao)

"I like people too much or not at all."
              Sylvia Plath

Comment

Killer Hangover Today

Oh.....I have no idea how I managed it....I just did

Comment

Killer Hangover Today

I'm not sure if that better or worse....

TheSunFlower;1323983 wrote: Oh.....I have no idea how I managed it....I just did

Comment

Killer Hangover Today

You are spot on LG. When i stay away from here, and don't take my supplements, that's when i slide...

I have to just get it in my head, once and for all, I CANT DRINK. At all. My "successful" modding is my downfall.

I like your rambling, its nice to hear about normal things. I spent the weekend packing, as we are moving into a new rental house in 2 weeks, which I am very excited about))

LibraryGirl;1323982 wrote: Welcome back Daya. I was wondering where you had gone. Don't you know when you leave here you come back with a hangover from hell? That'll fix ya!

I think you've got the right idea about the conference in that it would be best to abstain. I now understand what other members were talking about when they said modding was such a pain in the ass! I'd rather just continue getting drunk every night than to measure out what I'm going to drink, decide when I could drink, where I could drink and so on. What a nightmare! AF might be difficult at first, but modding seems like hell.

Well, I've spent a mostly unproductive weekend. I did do some vacuuming today and some laundry last night, but for the most part I've been watching Netflix and laying around on my ass.:H I can't really blame it on being newly sober, because I'm not. I guess it was just one of those "lost" weekends, but I'll take it over one I can't remember!

Hang tough Daya!

LG (sorry for rambling about myself in your thread. I forgot I wasn't in the Nest, lmao)

Comment

Killer Hangover Today

I Think...

I have really offended my girlfriend i sent the ranting email to last night...I wasn't ranting at her, it was a rant i forewaded to her..her mother did of alcoholism. A
                      She is going to get fed up with me, i emailed her is she offended, no response, and i can see shes on Gmail chat...

Comment

Killer Hangover Today

Hungover too :-(

Hi ,
                        I was doing so well a few weeks ago- was on ten days AF then, like we all have done, i thought if i bought a bottle of wine i could just have a few. Well, i drank the whole damn thing and have been consistently drinking since. I am fed up but feel like the cravings get the best of me;-(. I also have had liver pain and pain on left side too. You would think that would be enough to stop me. I am sick of being hungover! Those ten days were tough but I felt awsome and even worked out every day! Can I join you in this difficult journey? I really want to get healthy- especially for my daughter!!

Comment

Killer Hangover Today

Stressed

Yes, lets do this together....I am sick of this, am in the middle of a panic attack over what i said to my friend....I'm just reading up on cirrhosis of the liver.....pretty scarey. My father had it at age 39, i remember as a 10 year old watching him projectile vomit black blood all over the bathroom...he died of AL related illness at age 52...

I find the MWO suplements really help with the cravings, am going back on them again. Good luck

Stressd;1324008 wrote: Hi ,
                          I was doing so well a few weeks ago- was on ten days AF then, like we all have done, i thought if i bought a bottle of wine i could just have a few. Well, i drank the whole damn thing and have been consistently drinking since. I am fed up but feel like the cravings get the best of me;-(. I also have had liver pain and pain on left side too. You would think that would be enough to stop me. I am sick of being hungover! Those ten days were tough but I felt awsome and even worked out every day! Can I join you in this difficult journey? I really want to get healthy- especially for my daughter!!

Comment

Killer Hangover Today

Well, burnt my bridges

With my friend, i would say.....

Comment

Killer Hangover Today

Sorry to hear...

Sorry to hear about your friend and your Dad. I just pictured how horrible that would be to have cirrhosis that young;-( i am in my mid 30s and have probably done some damage - more severe in the last few years ;-(. I have reached a bottle of wine when I drink. I start with a few large glasses of white and then switch to red. I trick my mind that it's not a "full bottle". I have done and said some awful things when drunk. You will have to forgive yourself and perhaps when the time is right, ask for her forgiveness. If you keep beating yourself up it may lead tou to want to drink to numb the pain. I can relate to the panic attacks and anxiety. This is why I started drinking in the first place;-(. Good luck and let's have a better day tomorrow!!

Comment

Working...
                              X