Hi there and I am happy to be here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Mem Day! I am just re-starting the program and am hoping to get a lot of support in this community. Quick bio ... 51 yr old prof female, divorced and wanting badly to improve my life. have gotten into a terrible habit of drinking too much wine EVERY NIGHT of the week ... by myself. It has got to stop. Topa does not agree with me so I am using just Kudzu for now.

Hi seeking and good morning!
    I am so glad you r here because I am just rejoining the program as well. I started in 2007 and made it for a awhile but collapsed again.
    I wanted to also comment on the topa. It didn't work for me at first either and I just went with kudzu but that didn't knock out the cravings so I got the starter kit from the MWO store, followed the directions religiously and added .25 mg of the topa the first week and went up VERY gradually. When I started with more I got horrible vertigo (though I was also drinking on it) and of course the hand tingles. I got into trouble by
    1. Running out of supps and not bothering to replace them
    2. Titrating down from the topa and going back up in my al intake (wine as well)
    3. Not paying attention anymore
    4. Letting a what the hell mindset move right in and take over.

So now I am back to the beginning and will be sure this time to avoid 1-4
    There are other medications which r discussed at length here which may work or better for you.
    It's funny (though not in a ha ha way) how similar we all r in how we got In this alcohol trap but how we each have to find our very different way out.
    Guess that's why RJ named her site MWO!
    Hugs to you,
    xxoo
    PS I Amy on day 8 with a slip on six and stroking up to .50mg topa-
    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Working...
    X