X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mia back again

I am in trouble with AL :upset:

Mia back again

Mia....welcome back to the land of the seeking ! You know what you can get here.....support ! Ask for help and get involved in one of the Threads.......some group that you relate too ! Tony
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Mia back again

I am being honest here... it is 11.18am and i am drunk on vodka. I bought the bottle yesterday around this time yesterday and I have finished it 22 standard drinks WTF I have not drunk vodka for ages ..the only reason I started it this morning was to cure a hangover from the bottle. MARIO are you there.. need your courage, strength and wisdom

Comment

Mia back again

Thanks IAD i know you from a long time ago happy you are still here helping people like me x

Comment

Mia back again

Hang in their hon ! We support you ! Tony
          ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
          those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
          Dr. Seuss

Comment

Mia back again

Welcome back Mia. I'm sorry you're having a difficult time. When did you start back? I see your signature says AF since 2011. I am relatively new here, but I am here to help if you need it.:l

"I like people too much or not at all."
            Sylvia Plath

Comment

Mia back again

WHY WHY WHY

is so f.... hard for us what is it??? Siting here at my beautiful home..looking at my rainforest.... I have good job I am fit and look great for my age .....soooo WHY !!!

Comment

Mia back again

Hey Mia,

Addiction doesn't discriminate.
                But I can totally relate to how you are feeling. We shouldn't let alcohol take us to Rick bottom before we decide to quit.
                Just last week I cried, drunk and wondering WHY I drank. Why ME??!
                But there really is no point in trying to figure out the why but make a how-to plan. Because even though that first drink or two are "great" after that it just goes downhill most of the time.
                I guess we are afraid of change? I know I need to "relearn"everything sober again.
                Are you afraid of that too since you keep on drinking?
                What sort of program did you work when you were AF before?
                Hang in there Mia.
                We are all in the same boat.

xx

Comment

Mia back again

Thanks briseus for your kind words, x

Comment

Mia back again

Briseus is so right on, Mia.

I look at my beautiful children , my very own forest, my ocean and cool home and all I want to do is fix myself drink after drink after drink...
                    I am eight days tonight so far with a slip on six.
                    I am holding your hand Mia:huggy:
                    Please stay close.

And some one send for Mario ! I love Mario. I read his posts all the time like Old Sydney Sheldon novels
                    xxoo
                    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Mia back again

Mia i remember you from the last time i was here, we can get through this together, i am back on day 1 myself. I can relate to your post and we all have to be strong and believe in ourselves. Just remind yourself how you felt when you were A/F and how good life was, you can get that back, I know i am going to try so hard this time as i am fed up with keep going back to day 1.
                      Stay strong Mia xxxx
                      :dancin: enguin:
                      starting over

Comment

Mia back again

Hi Mia, how are you doing today? Hope you aren't feeling too horrible. I found the "tool box" section really helpful on here. I also try and reward myself with something I really enjoy after I have stopped drinking for a while, like a massage or facial. I saw that your signature said May 2011 AF so i'm guessing you had quite a bit of AF time, which proves you are strong enough to do this. Once again, hope you are feeling ok today. xx
                        Courage is not the absence of fear, it's acting in spite of it.

Comment

Mia back again

Hi Mia,

I remember you from a while ago also. I just wanted to throw my support in with the rest of the group. You are NOT alone in this. We've all asked "WHY?" millions of times. Unfortunately there's really not one answer to that question. But in time, you may figure it out (I think I'm still working on that myself!). The main thing is, we do understand what you're going through and what you're feeling. I hope you are doing ok today. Please keep posting and let us know. We're here for you!

K9
                          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Mia back again

Hi Mia, welcome back. I was worried about you. You really stuck a chord with me with your daily rhyming posts. They worked for you then, try them again.. I know that you thought you had it beat but that beast snuck in the back door. Bad ass that he is.

Thinking of you but have no words of wisdom as I've never strung more than a few days A/F together myself.

Oh Mario ... where are you, you Irish Genius! One of our own is calling for you..
                            Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                            ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Mia back again

Hi Mia, I remember you. I remember reading all the threads you started with the really cute titles regarding your sobriety. It might help you if you were to go back and read them. You can see how different you felt when you had so much AF time under your belt.

I wish I could say I was AF but I'm not yet. I did get 11 days in this month and I'm working with my neighbor who had a drinking problem but has been sober for over 1 1/2 years now. I have an adversity to AA but tomorrow night she and I are going to start doing the steps. I realize now I cannot do this on my own.

Best of luck to you, dear and do go revisit your postings from when you had so many AF days. Hopefully it will give you the incentive you need now.

Comment

Working...
                              X