Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbe and realisation

Hi

I'm new here. I live in the UK and am a "respectable" woman with children who has now reached 44 and realise that I can't drink. Or perhaps that should be shouldn't drink. I cannot just have one drink and leave it at that. I know how bad I feel the morning after, like today, and yet I still do it. I have the view: it's only one, I'll be "good"; I know when to stop; And yet the reality is that I drink a full bottle of wine and now feel like death warmed up and know that I will waste another day not functioning properly.

I NEED to stop

That's me

M

Newbe and realisation

Hi Annastasia, I know exactly how you feel, been doing the same thing for years. You will get plenty of support on mwo. The mwo book is very good you can download it, it has advice about supplements and hypnosis etc. The first step to solving a drink problem is admitting that you have it, which you have done, so good for you. Best wishes.

Comment

Newbe and realisation

Hi Anastasia. Welcome. I am new here too. I am sick too of the hangovers. That is no way to live. I have just been staying close and using all the support here. It is a great place. You can do it. Your children deserve it. You deserve it.

Comment

Working...
      X