Where do I go from here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do I go from here?

I tied on a good one yesterday... feeling really horrible today. I've never even considered coming to a site like this, or trying to find a way to stop drinking. I guess I'm realizing that my binge drinking is a problem. Nothing good EVER comes from it. I'm not really sure where to start or how to arm myself now. I'm grateful for any suggestions on starting out. Thanks.

Where do I go from here?

Hi Felippe.:welcome: I never thought to come to a site like this before Feb. either, although I should have quit a lot sooner. There's no time like the present, as they say!

To formulate a plan, try visiting the Toolbox. I hope someone will post the link, because I can't find it, lol. It will help you set goals and track your progress. Also, I can vouch for the Newbie's Nest, where you can post every day about anything you'd like, and get to know everyone.

Stay close and read a lot! You will find you have more in common than not with most of the members here.

LG

"I like people too much or not at all."
    Sylvia Plath

Comment

Where do I go from here?

Here's a link to the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Comment

Where do I go from here?

Welcome, Felipe. I was going to tell you how to reach the Tool Box, but FlyAway beat me to it! There's lots of good info on this site, including Roberta Jewell's "My Story" and the plan using her book, the nutritional supplements, and the hypnosis cds to help retrain a person's brain, if it seems right!
        . "It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; that which is essential, is invisible to the eye.". Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Where do I go from here?

Welcome. I am new too. You will find support for your journey here.

Comment

Where do I go from here?

Welcome Felipe:

I joined in 2007 but didn't get serious until now. Stopped and started.
            Glad you are here! It is sooo worth it

:l
            On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
            *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Where do I go from here?

Thanks everyone. Still hungover and don't want to lose my resolve once I'm feeling better. Has anyone had success with natural substances for dealing with cravings?

Comment

Where do I go from here?

Felipe, they say that Kudzu and L-Glutamine are good for cravings. I have L-Glut now, I bought it Sat., but I didn't take it during the craving periods, lol. To be honest, nothing will take them away completely. Quitting drinking is something you have to want more than you want to drink, and you will have to suffer through cravings, sleeplessness and other unpleasant things for a little while. I can tell you that you will not have another hangover when you quit, and none of the "unpleasant" side effects I mentioned above are as bad as a hangover.

Sylvia Plath

Comment

Where do I go from here?

Hi I'm new

Hello everyone! I don't know if this is the right place to day this or not

I see on here that many are using Baclofen to stop drinking, it' hasn't worked rd for me.

:new:

I was sober for 22 years starting in 1983 but I relapsed back about 8 year ago.

Comment

Where do I go from here?

Thanks LG. Youre right, no easy way out of this one. Here's a question: when you aren't quite ready to announce to the world that you have a drinking problem, but are going to be in social situations with people who expect you to drink, not like peer pressure, just people who know you as a drinker, how do you handle it? I've used the fake drinking tactic a few times. Do I make up a lie? I told my immediate family that I wouldn't be drinking around them and actually passed that test recently. Unfortunately, to celebrate I came home and got tanked. Thanks in advance!

Comment

Where do I go from here?

Felipe, I know exactly what you mean. I used to feel awkward in social situations around my friends who are casual drinkers. There is nothing to feel awkward about. I just tell people I've quit drinking point blank. Most people give me a "good for you," and a few give me quizzical looks (knowing my history). But the bottom line is that you don't need to qualify or explain your decision to stop drinking to anyone. If someone gives you grief about not drinking, they're probably not people you should be around anyway. I will occasionally indulge in a non-alcoholic beer at social gatherings, but that is because I was a beer lover and homebrewer in my old life, and I genuinely love beer. Not because I'm trying to hide something.

Comment

Where do I go from here?

Other than what aif said, I'd suggest not going to places where there will be much drinking at first. That's what I did. If your friends think that's the only way to have fun, then you will have to distance yourself from them for at least a while. Just my two cents.

Lg

Sylvia Plath

Comment

Where do I go from here?

Hi felipe do you like musicals? The title of thread reminds me of Evita ... I played this character in the musical once the response to that would be ... 'this isn't where (I) we intended to be'. The song actually plays in the back of my mind sometimes when I think about this problem of mine. I think we all on this site didn't intend to be here.. and it really sucks..but I'm so grateful to know other people are here and that sombody might understand me.

I'm gonna go to the doctor in about 8 hours from now and I'm gonna tell the truth and ask some quetions and see how the hell (heaven help me) I can get out of this mess without just hiding it anymore.

The people here are remarkably kind, insightful, caring and intelligent. It pains me we are so sad and tortured and sick - The ones of us who have not made it out of this mess yet... it does give me hope though that maybe this is possible and I just have never had anyone to talk to so I'm so thankful to have a place to say things and not be disregarded

Comment

Where do I go from here?

can you go to the doctor.? maybe just getting it out into the open to a doctor even if not to your family. I cant tell my family - they will reject me and that is a sad fact but I must tell someone or I think I will destroy myself and all my relationships. Maybe you can go to the doctor and tell them the truth and be strong so it is out there. Being face to face with someone who can help or give advice might make a big difference...

Easier said than it is done .... I know this well .... I'll tell you tomorrow if it works cause I never have been able to do it before maybe today will be the day!!!

Comment

Where do I go from here?

Chinchilla, thanks for your thoughts. The drinking me is not who I intended to be. But there is hope. You are brave going to the doctor. Let us know how it goes.

Comment

Working...
                              X