Where do I go from here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do I go from here?

chinchilla;1330781 wrote: can you go to the doctor.? maybe just getting it out into the open to a doctor even if not to your family. I cant tell my family - they will reject me and that is a sad fact but I must tell someone or I think I will destroy myself and all my relationships. Maybe you can go to the doctor and tell them the truth and be strong so it is out there. Being face to face with someone who can help or give advice might make a big difference...

Easier said than it is done .... I know this well .... I'll tell you tomorrow if it works cause I never have been able to do it before maybe today will be the day!!!
    Did you get to the Dr Chinchilla? I told a very dear friend of mine last night. She was very supportive and not at all judgemental. I also talked to my mom about it. She told me how much she regrets not taking my brother and I out of the alcoholic environment we grew up in. My dad was an alcoholic, my mom rarely drinks. I told her it may not have mattered given the genetic component... I never want my mom to feel as if this is her fault... she's an angel. Anyway Chinchilla, I hope you're finding help. Keep us posted and God bless you.

Comment

Where do I go from here?

DGG;1329819 wrote: Hello everyone! I don't know if this is the right place to day this or not

I see on here that many are using Baclofen to stop drinking, it' hasn't worked rd for me.

:new:

I was sober for 22 years starting in 1983 but I relapsed back about 8 year ago.
      Hi DGG and welcome - there are lots of other things you can use to try to stop. Gosh - you were sober for 22 years and you started again? that really is a sobering thought...... what made you start again? I suggest you check out the toolbox - someone earlier posted so you can click on the link to it. there is so much support here - read and post - this is a great website

Welcome again,

Sun
      How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Working...
      X