Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want to say Hi!!

Lavande;1331092 wrote: CONGRATS on your 2 months AF Finallydone
    Great work, stick toi your plan. You are forging a wonderful future for yourself!!!

Lav
    Lavande we started around the same time! So proud of you!!!:goodjob:
    Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Want to say Hi!!

mama bear;1331144 wrote: I mean it sweetie...somebody will be lucky to have you
      Thank you mamabear! I'm blushing! :h

Comment

Want to say Hi!!

silly man!
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Want to say Hi!!

Kradle123;1331093 wrote: I do FD!
          She is a beautiful German Shepard and she our baby girl. I have never owned a purbred and I never had a dog and children at the same time so this has been an adventure! All my pups prior to Luna were rescues. If I can figure out how to get pics maybe I can download one here. She's a little pissed at me right becasue she wants to go to here doggy park but i'ts pouring!

Anyway what I wnted to say was I was really taken with your thoughts on your turning/being 37 becasue I have such a different/opposite expeience.
          I got married at 35 feeling much as you did though I had that outward stable look going on... However unlike you I was absolutely MINUS the knowledge that I was blooming relatively late' (compared to my peers that is) BECAUSE of the Alcohol. I always assumed my problems, my this's, my thats, my DUI, my failed releationships with really good men, really good people, my getting fired from jobs, loosing jobs, alwys looking for a 'geographic cure for myslelf, it NEVER occured to me that DRINKING could in any way be repsonsible. Drinking kept me afloat, I thougth in order that I could 'deal' with all the shit fanning my way...

So while I was able to marry and have children and get a house, the drinking never stopped and all I really did FB is drag 3 more inocent people into this mess with me....
          You are 37 and you GET IT. I would give almost anything for your time machine as you say and wing back to 37 and GET IT...anything but my children of course.
          I started another thread called Out with the Old because I am also dealing with all the people I have in my life who came to me while I was in this ...deep sleep, this denial state. I hate to say it but my husband is one of those people. He comes from suprise suprise and Alcoholic family! And he doesn't drink. I have put him through some awful times, I admit and so he has all the sensitivety of a severed nerve to my situation.
          This is no fun belive me. Alcohol is indeed the perfect drug for us people who are STUFFED with regret and shame. Looking a my husband brings up all the awful feelings. Looking a my children brings up nothing but joy and love.
          So before you htink you are looser. I beg to differ. In my opinion you won the fucking lottery! I am 50 now.....

I've rambled again. Lots more ot say of course but it stopped raining and Luna is whinning! Sedona also forgot her Lunch and it's almost noon. Need to swing by the school.

Hugs to you,
          :l
          Kradle....I just wanted to say one more thing. What you said....it made me step outside of my own mind a little bit and realize alot of things. THANK YOU!

Comment

Want to say Hi!!

Hey FD! Congrats on 2 months! It's good to see you doing so well. Come on back and sit a spell.

"I like people too much or not at all."
            Sylvia Plath

Comment

Want to say Hi!!

Hi LibraryGirl! I have been reading your threads and how everything is going for you! I am very much looking forward to getting to know everyone here more in-depth...I really believe in the stregnth in numbers concept.

Comment

Want to say Hi!!

mama bear;1331150 wrote: silly man!
                Oh and mama bear.....not only are you cute as well....you have a very loving heart! Something this world needs more of!

Comment

Want to say Hi!!

So a little more about me....LOL! Sorry you guys are all getting sick of me posting today. Haha! Don't blame you! I'm more of the rugged type kind of guy. I like fixing things...building things. Love fishing! I love taking old boats and fixing them up and making them look almost brand new. I'll post some pics of my newest boat project. I love building fishing rods and designing new ones. I'm very much a kid at heart and on the outside might see a little tough but on the inside I'm very much a softie. I love dogs and cats....and kids....I love the weather. Seeing a lightning dance across the sky in June is maybe one of the most thrilling things inside my soul. I guess the older I'm getting the more patient I am. On Sunday I had a great time taking my 15 year old newphew fishing. I am soo much more patient with him than I was 10 years ago when he was 5 years old. I listen alot more now than I did than. I love hearing about his life and how he sees things. He reminds me of myself in the postive ways and not the negavtive ways. He looks up to so I really take that responsibility at heart. I used to fish bass tournments alot when I was younger and won a few. So he has this mentality that I'm some kind of hero. I'm not. To me he is the hero for being a rescpectful and good brother to his sibilings. When we were out fishing on Sunday and I was teaching a new technique...I almost wanted to cry because he learned soo fast and he was patient and got soo dang excited when he would catch a fish. Wow! That time outside with him was hours in life we all live for. LOL!! oh boy here i go. Thank you all for listening to me!

Comment

Want to say Hi!!

you will be a great daddy!
                    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Want to say Hi!!

We are not sick of you...so keep posting!
                      Sounds like you had a great time with your nephew. I have 6 of them, and my relationship with each one is different... One lives with me. He's 18...and he headed out to Las Vegas this morning to some 4 day concert, but before he left he woke me up to give me a hug and a kiss...but he'd die if his buddies knew that! LOL
                      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Want to say Hi!!

K9Lover;1331191 wrote: We are not sick of you...so keep posting!
                        Sounds like you had a great time with your nephew. I have 6 of them, and my relationship with each one is different... One lives with me. He's 18...and he headed out to Las Vegas this morning to some 4 day concert, but before he left he woke me up to give me a hug and a kiss...but he'd die if his buddies knew that! LOL
                        Thank you K9! I took a little nap as my ribs are bruised right now from helping out a neighbor put in a new sink in there house. There old sink is cast iron and it was one heavy bugger. There a older couple so I was overdoing it a bit with trying to get everything done for them. Let me know how things are going K9 with your nephew in vegas.....I am sure your a little nervous about it. That was very sweet he gave you a hug and a kiss.....that says alot about him right there!

Comment

Want to say Hi!!

Hi everyone ,
                          Some wonderful warm posts here. Thanks for all you kind words FB. Is your Nephew your sister or you brothers son? Building boats! I love boats. I have terrible boat envy though. I just sold my Balyliner open bow ( I live on puget sound so I'm on the ocean but I want a lake boat too) I want an inboard. Sedona seems to be having trouble with the smells from the outboard gas fumes and I'm not diggin it either...plus I want a bigger boat!!!

Long nite. Getting help with my son. He really is trying but he really is ' trying'
                          Yes Mama Sedona is my daughter . She's a twin. Her sister is Madison. They are wonderful.

Anyway, heading to bed. Night night all sleep tight. Day 20 ( I think)
                          On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                          *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Want to say Hi!!

Kradle123;1331306 wrote: Hi everyone ,
                            Some wonderful warm posts here. Thanks for all you kind words FB. Is your Nephew your sister or you brothers son? Building boats! I love boats. I have terrible boat envy though. I just sold my Balyliner open bow ( I live on puget sound so I'm on the ocean but I want a lake boat too) I want an inboard. Sedona seems to be having trouble with the smells from the outboard gas fumes and I'm not diggin it either...plus I want a bigger boat!!!

Long nite. Getting help with my son. He really is trying but he really is ' trying'
                            Yes Mama Sedona is my daughter . She's a twin. Her sister is Madison. They are wonderful.

Anyway, heading to bed. Night night all sleep tight. Day 20 ( I think)
                            Sweedreams Kradle! It's my sister's child. He reminds me of my grandpa so much! My grandpa passed away two years ago and the little mannerisms he has reminds me of my grandpa. It's maybe why I love the kid soo much. And Kradle I would love hear more about pugent sound. Living here in Minnesota in the Land of 10,000 lakes we are soo spoiled. I love boats....but i'm norwegian so I think it's in the blood. LOL!

Comment

Want to say Hi!!

Before I head to bed I want to say thank you to all my buds here on MWO and for a wonderful day here! I love getting to know everyone and I hope you all like getting to know me more! Any of you and anytime can send me a message on yahoo or txt me if your having a bad day. I am taking the bull by the horns here and letting myself be open to people. So you guys all have a annoying new friend.:H

Comment

Want to say Hi!!

I sent you a Yahoo IM invite...in case you're wondering who the HELL that came from! LOL
                                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
                                X