Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teezah's Toddling Steps

:new:

Been using Baclofen for almost two weeks now and have been AlFree for 2 days, into day 3 now. So time to make my first goal - to be AlFree for 5 days. Baby steps

:l

Teezah

AlFree Day 1 10th June 2012
    On Day 3 12th June 2012
    Teezah

Teezah's Toddling Steps

Great Job

Great Job!

Comment

Teezah's Toddling Steps

Way to go!:goodjob:

"I like people too much or not at all."
      Sylvia Plath

Comment

Teezah's Toddling Steps

Welcome! Come join us over in Newbies Nest

:welcome:

Comment

Teezah's Toddling Steps

:thanks:

For your lovely welcomes :h

So enjoying NOT drinking and amazed at Baclofen's efficacy (if a bit stunned at SE's, but that's a post for another forum).

Onwards and upwards into day 3. Not many stressful situations today except the usual running about after kids and daily life. I have a disabled child & that makes life very different on almost every level...lol! Have to phone her transport provider and fight another fight over her provision so that is potentially stressful. Also have to find my son a work placement for September - don't really do asking people for favours (in case they say no & I have to deal with the rejection), so another potentially stressful situation. So I'll keep an eye out for them & urge surf through. DH away at work today, so I'm No.1 parent as usual :eeks:

Teezah (girl who never grew up past 17)

AlFree Day 1 10th June 2012
          On Day 3 12th June 2012
          Teezah

Comment

Teezah's Toddling Steps

Welcome! You wont regret it.

Comment

Teezah's Toddling Steps

Nearly through day 3 AlFree!

Couple of urges but managed to urge surf & take some baclofen to combat them.

Sorry not posting in nest - need to stay focused on me when I'm in looking for help & I'm the sort of person who likes to jump in and try to fix everyone. Selfish :sorry:

Teezah
              Teezah

Comment

Teezah's Toddling Steps

Good for you Teezah! You are doing wonderful!
                February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Teezah's Toddling Steps

Yay! Day 4 and looking good...thanks to MWO & Baclofen!

Up early & driving this morning - no worries about any lingering alcohol in my blood

Had brekkie on the beach - such a beautiful morning here.

Stress situations for today:

- Have to phone transport
                  - have to sort out son's placement
                  - children's after school commitments means I have the potential to buy wine when out and about later on in the dangerous 16.00 - 19.00 time zone

Have a lovely day everyone :thanks:
                  Teezah

Comment

Teezah's Toddling Steps

Hey Teezah, wow you're doing great, and good to see you are feeling so good too. I am on my day 2 now and can't wait for day 4+ as that it the longest I would have gone AF in a loooooooong time! Well done and have a lovely day :goodjob:
                    Day one: 12th June 2012 - DONE!
                    Week one:
                    Week two:
                    30 days:

Comment

Teezah's Toddling Steps

Yay! Day 4 is almost done. Felt tempted today so may inc. Baclofen tomorrow if I can cope with SE's.

******I gave away a 3/4 full bottle of wine to a neighbour today!!*********

Visited the wine section in Aldi to say "hi". Didn't buy anything.

Night All.
                      Teezah

Comment

Teezah's Toddling Steps

Outstanding avatar lillyE. Especially love her "why I'm not an adult" sketches.

Day 5! Day 5! Day 5! Skips down the lane waving hands wildly in the air singing "trah-la-la" day 5!"

So happy to be here! Weigh in later today too so will keep you posted if I go up or down in the "i've given up alcohol so surely the weight will fall off" lottery.

Teezah

Comment

Teezah's Toddling Steps

2.5lbs down
                          Once I get through today, I'll have reached my first goal - 5 days sober.

My second goal will be for a week
                          Teezah

Comment

Teezah's Toddling Steps

Does anyone have any advice on coping with holidays? I'm not going until August but if I have to order medication, I want to get it done soon. I saw someone (senior member - sorry can't remember who) takes Antabuse while away & that sounds like a good plan to me. Any other suggestions? What works / dosen't work for you.

Thanks!
                            Teezah

Comment

Teezah's Toddling Steps

Day 5 Done!!

So happy to have achieved my first goal: 5 days sober :happy:

Next goal is to get to a week. DH is back from work, so it will make it a bit harder to focus with himself around. But - was directed back to the toolbox so am going to use some of the excellent tips there to cope with temptation.

Teezah

Comment

Working...
                              X