Day 3 AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 3 AF

Sorry to hear that your experience with the hypnotherapist didn't go as planned (this was me a week ago with an AA meeting).
    I suggest you look for someone else that would be more professional...I would probably be taken aback as well if I were in your shoes! It doesn't seem like she is very good at what she does.
    Anyone can tell you to get a liver function test done but good for you on going and getting it done in the first place!

I would totally go and seek a "second opinion" if you will.
    Good luck!

Comment

Day 3 AF

Hey, sorry for jumping in but I'd also advise to steer clear of that woman - what can she be thinking inviting you into her "professional" life when it's such a mess? Does not auger well for her skills - maybe she does have hypnotherapy skills - BUT if she can't organize her office/life better than she does it speaks volumes about her success. How many people would she have to treat in order to have a better place? At 60 pounds a crack she'd have to be successful no? She must be socking her money away and not putting it into the business! All in all a bad sign! Run!!!
      Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
      (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

Day 3 AF

MWOLady;1346774 wrote: Hey, sorry for jumping in but I'd also advise to steer clear of that woman - what can she be thinking inviting you into her "professional" life when it's such a mess? Does not auger well for her skills - maybe she does have hypnotherapy skills - BUT if she can't organize her office/life better than she does it speaks volumes about her success. How many people would she have to treat in order to have a better place? At 60 pounds a crack she'd have to be successful no? She must be socking her money away and not putting it into the business! All in all a bad sign! Run!!!

Agreed 1100000000%.

Comment

Day 3 AF

Hi Mauri, I wanted to say wecome back! I'm glad you're still hear fighting!
          "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
          AF 11/12/11

Comment

Day 3 AF

Agree with the above. i am sure there are lots of other great hypnotherapists in Jolly ole England. Keep up the good or should I say great work Mauri. You are doing the work to make the changes. You are changing directions... fantastic. Proud of you.
            Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
            ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Day 3 AF

Hi Mauri - Your post resonates with me as I am doing the same thing as you. I can abstain for a few days here and there but for the most part regularly drink 1 - 2 bottles of wine per evening. Last year I actually did over 100 days AF but then relapsed and am now drinking more than ever. I feel sad and disgusted with myself - I really want to stop. I don't even remember going to bed last night and my husband was telling me stuff I did and said that I do not remember at all. I am scared of what this is doing to me long term. It astounds me that I can drink that much and wake up feeling fine. I am just ending a week long vacation after today and am drinking the last of the wine as I write. I am not going to buy any more and will be working on being completely AF by Monday when I go back to work. No specific goals, just to stop. ODAT I guess. Thanks for posting and good luck with your journey.

Comment

Day 3 AF

Tipplerette;1345979 wrote: I agree with you Mauri, it is not easy. I told hubby tonight it was the hardest thing I've ever done and will be the biggest accomplishment of my lifetime. You have to look at it as hard work that you are willing to do. You may get a few surprises along the way. You will have days when it won't seem like a struggle. Enjoy those as they can be short lived at first.

Join me; I have made so many plans and failed.. I have embarrassed myself on here more often than I care to remember with my "I can moderate", "I don't drink as much as most people" and other stupid excuses to drink. If I counted I probably have had over 100 day ones in three years. Pathetic but true. Day 15 for me (a record). Hop on board and we'll do this together.

Tipple, I know that most people say this on MWO. "I embarrassed myself. I couldn't do it, I'm sorry I told you I could." That type of thing. Can I suggest looking at it a different way? Suppose you say instead, "I went for 30+ days without AL. I never thought I could do that. Although some people may decide that they are done with AL after the same amount of sober days, I want to see if AL still has the same hold on me."

Ok, so it didn't work for you. According to lots of people, it doesn't work. That doesn't mean that we ought not to try. No, some severely addicted/health compromised people should never attempt to re-introduce AL. That is true. But, for some of us it takes that old "college try" to see if we can do it. I don't think we should feel ashamed, as that is something that impedes progress as well.

Just my thoughts!

LG

"I like people too much or not at all."
                Sylvia Plath

Comment

Day 3 AF

Hi Mauri!

I just wanted to check in and see how you are doing and how your weekend went? I agree with the others about that "therapist" or whoever she was that you went to see...jeez, if she can't even keep a clean office she probably can't do much else! My dishwasher has been broken for 2 weeks (getting a new one Thursday) and if I (of all people) can wash the dishes, so can she. LOL

Anyway...hope you're well....let us know!!!

K9
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Day 3 AF

I am not doing good at all, feeling very sad and disappointed with myself but I have spoken with someone from dryoutnow this morning and she says with the level I am drinking I am physically addicted and that is no doubt why I am finding it so hard to quit, she also said that I shoudn't just quit cold turkey due to the risk of seizures etc.. and recommended I see my GP for help (tried to ring and no appointments today as usual!) also that I should try doing 10% reduction of my intake to wean myself off safely - not really sure whether that means 10% less each day?? She said they could offer my counselling but it is way out of my price range at nearly ?900 for 10 sessions.

I am so very tired and weary of this merry go round I have created for myself and I want to get off it
                    Taking it ODAT

Comment

Day 3 AF

TheSunFlower;1345457 wrote: Congrats on being back. I don't really agree with the "take responsiblity" post. It can feel like a shut down. We have a disease and what we do is drink....we have to fight to get sober
                      Bullshit. It is not a freaken disease! What we have is an addiction. It was not thrust upon us, it was not dropped on our head by fate. We made bad decisions and we eventually had to pay the ferryman. Go on thinking that this is a disease that you are powerless to stop. Go on blaming genetics, environment or the fucking twinkling stars for the problems. You will get no where doing it.

It is not a disease but an impulse control issue.

Get your head out of the sand or continue your day one's. Your choice!
                      I refuse to be labelled or ashamed. Through my struggles I am achieving self awareness and clarity.

Comment

Day 3 AF

Dave!!!!!!!!!!

Calm down dude!!!!!!

thank you for your posts, I do agree with you, it isn't a disease, at least not a physical one, i do feel it may be a mental one for me though!!
                        Taking it ODAT

Comment

Day 3 AF

mauritiusdodo;1349393 wrote: Dave!!!!!!!!!!

Calm down dude!!!!!!

thank you for your posts, I do agree with you, it isn't a disease, at least not a physical one, i do feel it may be a mental one for me though!!
                          Mauri, I don't want to take pot shots at you because I can see you are really trying. I am not upset but I will not let the world, the substances it contains or the general attitude of society to dictate to me what I can control and what I can't.

You do not have to drink. You do not have to listen to the negative opinions of the experts. You do not have to be a victim. You just have to not drink. Hard? Yes. Worth it? Yes.

I am not nor will I ever be perfect. I have lived the life of a full blown alkie and I secretly coveted it. I chose a different path because of my children.

No more excuses, just fix your life.
                          I refuse to be labelled or ashamed. Through my struggles I am achieving self awareness and clarity.

Comment

Day 3 AF

Dave_;1349398 wrote: Mauri, I don't want to take pot shots at you because I can see you are really trying. I am not upset but I will not let the world, the substances it contains or the general attitude of society to dictate to me what I can control and what I can't.

You do not have to drink. You do not have to listen to the negative opinions of the experts. You do not have to be a victim. You just have to not drink. Hard? Yes. Worth it? Yes.

I am not nor will I ever be perfect. I have lived the life of a full blown alkie and I secretly coveted it. I chose a different path because of my children.

No more excuses, just fix your life.
                            Thanks Dave The truth is that I haven't really been trying at all have I? I make excuses all the time and never actuallly progress at all, as with my weight my drinking yo yos and basically stays around the same which is why I need to change...
                            Taking it ODAT

Comment

Day 3 AF

Hi Mauri and Dave,

I don't know if I agree or disagree with the "disease" label. All I know is that I have a tendency, or pre-disposition to drink way too much. That said, it's something I CAN fight and change. The mental aspect is definitely way harder that the physical....physically you can be "cured" in a week...mentally though...that battle can go on for years!

Mauri, I hope you're doing ok...keep hanging in there. :h

K9
                              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Day 3 AF

thanks K9

Thanks to a lovely lady on here I have an appointment with an alcohol abuse centre on the 23rd July, I have started on my plan to reduce by 10% although not really sure how quickly to do it - I was advised that due to the level i have been drinking and the length of time plus symptoms I have been having not to just quit cold turkey as it is probable I am physically dependant so this is the route I have chosen. Next week I am planning to attend at least one AA meeting and I am starting my hypnosis recordings again. I feel more positive than I ever have before that I CAN do this now I have a plan!!!
                                Taking it ODAT

Comment

Working...
                                X