Sleepy after stopping - anyone else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 11 without alcohol. On the one hand I feel great - good energy, no bloaty raw stomach, etc.

BUT, on the other hand I'm getting an almost irresistable urge to sleep. Even during the day.

Anybody else experience this after stopping?

Hi chris and welcome, I'm afraid I'm the opposite, after I stopped drinking I had difficulty sleeping, now I am gradually getting into a sleeping pattern. Don't worry your body is probably just adjusting to your new regime. I would make the most of it. Good luck, keep posting so you can continue al free.

Comment

I agree with Paula - make the most of it. It does take your body a while to adjust to your new way of living. And I hear that a lot of healing goes on while asleep. I do understand it would be difficult during the day.
      Try setting your alarm to get up at the same early time every day and add exercise to your routine. This should get you going to bed earlier and hopefully in time your body will regulate itself. Sweet dreams!
      IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
      Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

I've found it difficult to go to bed early enough most nights, so I have a lot of sleepiness during the day. I thought it was AL that made me wake up in the evenings with tons of energy, but apparently not. So, yes I am sleepy too. YAWNNNNNNN

"I like people too much or not at all."
        Sylvia Plath

Comment

Welcome cchris_39. I'm still new pretty new here myself and I can relate but its a good thing!!! You body need time to heal from all the abuse that AL causes and rest helps renew the body and mind. Also, your body has been used to "unnatural AL sleep" and is finally getting the natural sleep it need so enjoy it!!!. My sleep pattern was all messed up so I wasnt able to fall asleep at a decent hour. What has got me on a normal sleep schedule is taking Melatonin about 30 min to an hour before I want to sleep combined with reading a book in bed. This seems to be the perfect combination to knock me out at night!!
          :wings:Every day is another day to set things right!! Make today a new beginning, the first day of the rest of your life!:wings:

Goals: to stay AF and to start to incorporate some sort of exercise into my daily routine!!!:wings:

Comment

Yep I can relate- Day 3 here and I feel tired and kind of out of it. The body will adjust though- it has to, doesn't it?? Congrats on Day 11

Comment

Here's a link with lots of good info -
              Alcohol withdrawal - PubMed Health
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Thanks Lavande....helpful info for me on the no. gazillionteenth time of starting day one
                I just won't anymore

Comment

I was also exhausted for the first few days, however, day 4 I feel so much better (but I keep getting headaches - a problem I've had for a long time and I think I was it masking with AL). I vote for napping if you can!

Comment

Working...
                  X