Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job Meltdown part II

Eeek.

I did it. I just got off the phone with my boss and I have decided to step down and take a non-management position.

I start back on Monday. The job itself is one I have done before and know I am good at.

Now I am just wrestling with the worries of what everyone will say - and the knowing, smug glances of those who don't like me, looking at me and thinking, "yeah... I knew she couldn't hack it... hahaha what a loser."

I know I shouldn't care what other people think, but HOW do I do THAT??

Gem x
    Free since 26th February 2012

Job Meltdown part II

hey HG, I can relate...been in a few of these aweful situations myself. Keep what's dear to yourself closer than ever..It might even be something or someone you've overlooked. you never know. The ego is a wonderful and terrible thing all at once. take care, friend. wish I could be more specific.
    D.
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Job Meltdown part II

when it starts to worry you picture them naked
      Nov 1 2006 avg 100 - 120 drinks/week
      April 29 2011 TSM avg 70 - 80/wk
      wks* 1- 6: 256/1AF (avg 42.6/wk)
      wks* 7-12: 229/3AF (avg 38.1/wk)
      wks 13-18: 192/5AF (avg 32.0/wk)
      wks 19-24: 176/1AF (avg 29.3/wk)
      wks 25-30: 154/10AF (avg 25.6/wk)
      wks 31-36: 30/37AF (avg 5/wk )

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
      http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/

Comment

Job Meltdown part II

Hey, you only have to prove anything to one person - YOU! I know how you must be feeling. I have been there myself. But.... after a few days, life was so much better. Everyone got use to the idea, and here I was enjoying my work day so much more. It will be just fine! Good for you for doing something to make you happier. We spend a great deal of our lives at work. It might as well be the best we can make it.

Comment

Job Meltdown part II

HG,
          That's great.
          You'll have less stress in your life, you'll have confidence you know how to do the work standing on your head. Not having to worry about getting people to meet targets and deadlines etc etc.
          Who cares what they think..You are the winner, they are the losers struggling beyongd their level of incompetence. We had a woman in the PS (Publisc Service) who decided to go from a grade 5 down to a grade 2! She had a ball. No responsibility so to speak, didn't take home her work worries and still got a reasonable wage. And no-one really cared, except for a few who knew she knew more about their job than they did! The difference of not having to work under quite so much pressure will soon have its own rewards. Ask yourself "Will this matter a year from now"? Use that enrgy to spend with yourself, your family.

Comment

Job Meltdown part II

Dear Gem,
            Well done and an award for courage. Who cares what anyone thinks. I like that expression "what other people say about you is none of your business."

Who cares, you'll be happier and more content and the job satisfaction will improve. Keep up the good work and best wishes.

Diana
            eace:

Comment

Job Meltdown part II

What Courage!

What courage that must have taken, you are the stronger for it. Any snidy glances - just smile mysteriously that will really annoy them.

Well Done YOU!

Lorna
              Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Job Meltdown part II

GO TEA! Perfect response!!

Comment

Job Meltdown part II

fantastic! admire your guts. when I last worked in an office I would do strictly 9.30 - 5pm because I had kids at home and childcare to take over from. I knew some people regarded me as a part-timer because of this crazy attitude that you need to killl yourself for your job and be there every hour god sends. After my third kid I stepped down from a management role and went down to 3 days a week, and boy was I happy to... I had been spending most of my time on personnel matters, budgets, dealing with political BS...

you know what, most of my colleaugues were jealous because they knew their work life balance was crap.

all power to you - take control of your life and enjoy! K

Comment

Job Meltdown part II

You made a courageous decision - enjoy that decision and all that comes with it. Never worry about what your old co-workers think.

I agree with the others who have been there.

Hilary
                    Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Job Meltdown part II

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

You are going to be so much happier. If people do look at you all they are going to see is a person who made the right decision for themselves. And since you already know you can do the job, they will see a confident and successful person! I am so happy for you.

Best of luck in your new job.

Here is a quote I found in a thread titled "Words to live by": You wouldn't worry so much about what people think of you, if you realized how little they did.
                      Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

Job Meltdown part II

I am not familiar with the whole story, but I think what you've done is GREAT. Those snide looks from co-workers will probably be looks of jealousy. Who knows how many of them wish they had the courage to make changes in their own lives?

Comment

Job Meltdown part II

Hi Gem,
                          One of the things I'm convinced of is that nobody (except family and best friends) really cares as much as we think they do. So do what you have to do for your own sanity, and let the rest of them pee up a rope. Good luck! Wino2007

Comment

Working...
                          X