Quit drinking after hospitalization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

matti1024;1340468 wrote: :thanks: Kradle! Yea, I used to listen to AM talk radio to get to sleep at night when I was going through this before. Gonna pull it out of the drawer right now!

(I appreciate any and all ideas to get me through this living hell!).
    Good morning Matti:
    I'm sorry you another rough night :upset::

AM TALK will keep you up I would think; lots of politics

Anyway, R U sleeping in the day? Any chance of excercise in the afternoon ? Not certain how the pancreatitis affects your abilities here.

All I can think of is just trying to exhaust your mind as much as u can and then perhaps the hypno CDs in the evening??

I'm thinking of you and sending love and hugs :l
    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Hi Matt. I take 5HTP and GABA for sleep and find they work pretty well. And no prescription needed! And I may try melatonin too but this has to be worked up to 5 or 6 mg over a few weeks to be effective I think. Hope you find what works for you while you wait for your system to heal. And welcome.
      Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
      (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

aihflvt;1340683 wrote: Matti, I don't mean to pry, and please don't feel like you have to answer if you don't, but I'm just curious if you're pancreatitis was alcohol-induced.
        Yea, I assume it was. There's no other obvious explanation.

I bought an over the counter sleeping aid today, and hope it helps. Wish me luck!

Comment

Hi All,

:thanks: to everyone for your help! I finally went to an MD and got back on my meds and feel a lot, lot better. The Doc gave me also a sleeping aid and I've slept for the past few days with no repercussions... Yay! My brain seems closer to being back to normal. No more restless leg syndrome which was the "kicker" which kept me from sleeping.

Thanks again,

Matti1024

Comment

Hey Matti....so glad you are feeling better....what meds were you given?
            AB Club Member
            AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Destiniey;1343155 wrote: Hey Matti....so glad you are feeling better....what meds were you given?
              I'm back on my regular anti-anxiety and depression meds (Clonazepam, Lexapro, and Abilify). He also prescribed Ambien, which has been a godsend for sleep. Ambien can also be addictive, so I believe it will be a short-term fix.

Thanks again!

Matti1024

Comment

I hope those meds work for you....keep us posted!!!!
                AB Club Member
                AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Hi Matti - welcome, and so glad to hear your doctor was able to help you with the insomnia.

If you end up going off the Ambien, I have a couple more supplements to suggest: valerian, which can help with relaxing and restless leg, and tryptophan. I tried tryptophan as a way to increase serotonin and help with depression, but I found it works wonders for sleep - apparently it is a precursor for both melatonin and serotonin. Don't take it with protein (it lessens uptake), and some suggest taking it with B vitamins and a little bit of sugar.
                  AF since 6JUN2012

Comment

Working...
                  X