Hi everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone

I just wanted to say Hi. I'm new here and would like to be AF. This is my first day and I don't know what to expect.:new:

Hi everyone

AJ
    it's hard, but so worth it
    I have been trying for two years to string more than a few weeks together and just hit 30 days
    we are all here for you
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hi everyone

Thanks Mama Bear, I actually joined after reading your post , saying "you love your family more than alcohol" I am a 50'ish woman and have to stop killing myself . Congrats on 30 days, wow

Comment

Hi everyone

I am 51 and married 21 years and have two adorable man cub children
        I have wrecked cars, almost ruined my marriage, missed work...you name it
        the madness had to stop
        I am so glad you are here.....
        thanks for the congrats, but I am no where near out of the woods yet
        come be a regular on the One Step at a Time thread
        there are some lovely people there that are really struggling and will understand it all....
        I promise...
        plus we like to get silly from time to time....HELL.....all the time :=)

Comment

Hi everyone

/pulls up chair and invites AJ to sit down

Heya AJ welcome to the club. What you can expect in here is lots of support and people in the same boat as you, willing to share their experiences.

No need to be shy, everyone is very friendly, and VERY helpful. Post up any and all questions, just like in school, if you have a question, someone else in here probably has the same one.
          Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Hi everyone

Thank you Nelz if I werent talking to you and the others right now I would be
            Passed out on the couch, Yay me , baby steps.

Comment

Hi everyone

A.J.;1340975 wrote: Thank you Nelz if I werent talking to you and the others right now I would be
              Passed out on the couch, Yay me , baby steps.
              Well, keep talking, thats how my nights used to end up too. Wake up in the chair, in front of the TV/computer stuck to the chair because I had usually fallen asleep with a beer in my hand......DOH

Havent done that in a little while, cant say as I miss it much LOL
              Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Hi everyone

Yay you..baby steps
                or ODAT
                One Day at a Time

Comment

Hi everyone

Welcome onboard AJ.
                  Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Hi everyone

Welcome aboard AJ ! We are quite sophisticated & debonair here ! Ha! "We all family here ! Ha! " Support and understanding is what we'll give you. Remember when you help somebody, you help yourself ! Good Luck......Tony
                    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hi everyone

A.J.;1340966 wrote: Thanks Mama Bear, I actually joined after reading your post , saying "you love your family more than alcohol" I am a 50'ish woman and have to stop killing myself . Congrats on 30 days, wow
                      Funny that AJ. I am also a woman of same age and I am called AJ by friends in 'real' life
                      How bad are things with you ? You'll be fine here no matter how bad you think things are and posting takes your mind off things.:welcome:
                      I am not AF yet but streets ahead of where I was after Christmas & can now see a light at the end of the tunnel

Comment

Hi everyone

Thank you Staz,
                        I drink almost everday & find my way to bed everyevening, dont know how I got there most nights, wake up in the morning and make my way to work just fine and start all over again most nights. I really feel good right now but I know how quickly that can change. I want to stop hurting the ones I love and be the good person I am when not drinking. I know this journey will not be easy , but yesterday I actually joined MYO and met so many nice people ,like yourself willing to help me, and hopefuly I can encourage others along the way, good luck

Comment

Hi everyone

Thank you IAD, I think if I stop getting in my own way , I'll be fine one day

Comment

Hi everyone

Hi AJ and welcome. Im 58, started quitting many times, finally made it out last year. I am now at 16 months and a bit. It is SO worth it. And because you are young, 50 is YOUNG, you will heal, you will grow as a person, its hard some times, but stick with the people on here. Great bunch. When I first posted, MadMans and Guitar man welcomed me. They made me feel welcome. I will never forget the help I received here.

All then best and keep telling us how you are doing.
                            Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Hi everyone

Molly&Kaslo Thanks and KTBA , I'm ready to turn on that bloddy switch
                              Day 3&3/4 almost done

Comment

Working...
                              X