Warf Rats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warf Rats?

There used to be a group of sober folks at Grateful Dead concerts that called themselves Warf Rats. I'm wondering if there are any fellow Dead Heads here at MWO?

I've been to roughly 200 shows, though only two since Jerry died. Not that Further or The Dead can't have some great moments, but for me it's just not the same. I'd rather see someone like The Malone Brothers, Martin Sexton, or Truffle in a small intimate setting.

Chime in fellow Dead Heads!

Dave
    Well the 1st are the hardest days don't you worry anymore.
    When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.

Warf Rats?

I guess there's no other Dead Heads in the MWO forums?!!

At least you folks will understand the picture that appears with my posts. Even though it looks like a female skeleton, I like it! :H

Comment

Warf Rats?

Oops!

I though your Avatar was from Pirates of the Carribean !

:H

Congrats on Day 9 :l
      On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
      *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Warf Rats?

lol

I guess I could be a wanna be deadhead....

the hubby and many friends are true deadheads and I just finished a few weeks of improvising dead tunes on my accordion with a small pickup band. Is Jerry rolling in his grave? Ripple on the Squeezbox is quite delightful, really!
        Sober for the Revolution!
        AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Warf Rats?

Kradle, it may be from P.o.t.C.! I just saw it after scrolling through a ton of choices, and went with it!

Turnagain, I'd love to hear Ripple on the squeezbox!

Wonder if you've ever checked out one of my favorite bands, they're from New Orleans (my adopted hometown after going to college there) and called The Subdudes? They make great use of the accordian, and have play soulful music that you'll probably love. Check em out!

Here's a link where you can listen to a live performance, or even dowload/burn it! I highly recommend the first track if you've never heard them!

Subdudes Live at (unknown) on 1994-04-11 : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

Comment

Working...
          X