Total Newbie :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Total Newbie :(

Hi im brand new to this. Realised i need to quit for good and this site is perfect as i then will have a support network right there! I started drinking from being T- Total 7 yrs ago when i had post natal depression wth my daughter. My mum has always drank and we witnessed this but as far as shes concerned she doesnt have a prob at all...and no one would think to look at her either as she has done well for herself throu out life.
    My problem is i have 4 kids newest has just turned 1 and when i started drinking yrs ago it was one or 2 bottles a week sometimes more....until these past few weeks where it is now a bottle a night, 2 last night! Ive always hated feeling that i need it in some way...to give me confidence, because im bored, stressed etc etc I really can not do this to myself anymore or my poor kids as they have seen me pretty drunk sometimes and i dont ever want them feeling how i felt about my mum. My husband adores me, i am lucky but i know if i keep going its going to escalate and it will evntually push him away. I feel theres no will power, i always tell myself that wil be the last bottle. Thats why i hope admitting things to ppl in the same boat me help me hugely as i know im not the only one going through it. I wouldnt admit it to my mum she can be great at criticising me and im too proud to admit to friends as i tend to look like the strong one to them that can handle anything. Thanks for any replies :new:

Total Newbie

Hi Arrii and welcome to MWO,You have just taken a huge step in your fight against this beast,Read and post as much as you can,There is also a newbies thread where you can pop into and no doubt you will be made very welcome,Also check out the tool box thread which is in Monthly abstinence,It can of great value and gives important information,Good luck and I hope to see you around the forum :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Total Newbie

Well, id seen the site a few weeks back now....even then i was prob denying my prob atho i know i drink far more than anyone i know of my age...well that i actually know of as it seems to be quite a secretive thing that ppl do. Thank you very much for the info i will def check these things out and using this every day to try and keep me on the straight and narrow.

Comment

Total Newbie

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Here you go and the newbies nest is the sticky thread at the top of this one ;-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Total Newbie

Thats brilliant thank you for that...looks really really helpful!!

Comment

Total Newbie

Hi Arrii!

I just wanted to welcome you...you've found a great place with lots of support, advice and wisdom. I know I couldn't have gotten sober without these lovely people. So please keep posting and let us get to know you. Whatever you've gone through, someone here has been through something similar...that's what's so great about this place. Again, Welcome!!

K9
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Total Newbie

Heya K9Lover Nice meeting you!! Im honestly over the moon ive found this site, i dont feel like im on my own anymore or should be ashamed. Its just normal ppl like myself, with families...who work etc etc and it nice that i can finally feel comfortable and talk and get support while i sort myself out, it now seems so doable where as before i thought id be going round and round and round. Never felt so positive about the whole thing in yrs!!

Comment

Total Newbie

Arrii ~
                Just wanted to add my hellos and welcomes. Lovely to see you here.
                J x
                :l
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Total Newbie

Hey Jackie!! Thanks for the welcome also Everyone seems really really nice!! Hope your keeping well xx

Comment

Total Newbie

Hi Arrii, just welcomed u on another page but saw you here too so popped in to say hi, as you prob know I'm starting again when I get sober for some reason in the past I feel soooooo good I blow it by treating myself to the deamon booze......so back again with you at day 2 now
                    stick with it dont make my mistakes xx
                    Stella

Back to the beginning day 02 Jan 2013

Grateful for MWO :thanks:

Comment

Total Newbie

Will do matey, first time ive ever really had a proper support system to go to and so really the first time im ever really going to put the effort in. Feel really positive now ive found this place. Good luck matey, keep me posted on how your getting on with it all. Im slightly excited that life might just about to be bloody great lol as long as i put that bit of effort in on my part, fingers crossed hey xx

Comment

Working...
                      X