• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frightened

L:new::new:Too scared to write

Frightened

Hey Aoife,
    Welcome, you've just made the first step- takes courage to come this far. You will get heaps of support here so please stay with us. If you can find the courage to post you will find there is someone or more that will be able too relate to what you are going through. I don't always have the courage to post but reading everyone else's is getting me through each day. Hang in there.

Comment

Frightened

Hi Aiofe..welcome guess we are all scared of something at times, but there is no need to be frightened..youve made that first step, so go for it

Mick
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Frightened

Hi Aoife,

:welcome:

So glad you found us here. I remember feeling very frightened to post here too, but it has turned out to be a very powerful tool to help me maintain my sobriety. I've been sober for almost 3.5 years now and it all started with that first post.

When you feel a little more comfortable, please tell us a little more about yourself. I think you'll find that many of us can relate to where you are. If you haven't already, definitely check out the Newbies Nest. That's a very safe place to start where you can get your wings.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...est-30074.html

There's lots of people here willing to help.

:goodjob: on taking the first step.

Sheri
        AF since 3/16/09
        NF since 3/20/07

Comment

Frightened

Aoife, welcome and congrats. You've taken step one.

You'll quickly learn that there's nothing to fear, this is a place where folks from various backrounds share their thoughts and feelings in their own journey towards escaping the wrath of alcohol. Some are on a path towards moderation, others abstinence. Whatever your own path may have in the past, or your goals for the future, you'll find support here. If you're like me, you might not always like what advise is given, but keep an open mind and know that it's given with hope of helping.

I am on day ten of what started as a 30 day alcohol free goal. I'm loving sobriety so much, and have had so many well wishers tell me of their failed attempts at moderation that I don't know when I'll drink again. I know I won't drink today.

I agree with Sober Visitor, check into the Newbie's Nest.
          Well the 1st are the hardest days don't you worry anymore.
          When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.

Comment

Frightened

Hey Aoife, I too was very scared to post something here, but once I decided to take the plunge, it was quite liberating. If you need help, we are here to help you and that is all. I have found coming here and posting, keeps me focused on my goals to gain sobriety long term. It has helped so much. I strongly encourage your to do the same and you will be amazed how generous everyone is.

So come on -- give it a go.

Comment

Frightened

i also would like to warmly welcome you, Aoife.
              i was scared to death the first time i posted here and told a bit about myself. i remember my hands shaking in fact. it's quite powerful to write down how you're feeling, where you're at and send it out, knowing that others, who understand where you're coming from, are there to listen. and respond. the newbies nest, as already mentioned, is a great place.

Comment

Frightened

Hi Aoife,

Welcome...I'm glad you've found us! Please don't be scared. We are here to help you, offer support, advice and encouragement. I know that I couldn't and wouldn't be sober if it weren't for the wonderful people here at MWO. Please share with us when you feel more comfortable :l

K9
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Frightened

Aoife;1351019 wrote: L:new::new:Too scared to write
                  Hi Aoife and welcome to MWO, You have come to a great community with great advice and support,Read as many posts and threads as you can and post whatever is on your mind,We/are have all been where you are now so jump in and say hello :welcome::welcome:

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                  I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Frightened

Hello & welcome to MWO Aoife!

I imagine we were all scared when we started here - I know I was!
                    Turns out there is nothing to fear but fear itself. Taking a positive step to improve your life & health can only be a good thing

If you haven't already, go to the Health store here on the site & download the MWO book. It has lots of good info for you. Visit the Newbies Nest for ongoing support too

Wishing you the best!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Frightened

:colorwelcome:

Aoife,

It's natural to be afraid for most all of us Aoife! But, the good news is you've already conquered some of your fears, by posting your first post & admitting your afraid.

If you continue to read, you may just realize, their are others hear that share your fears to. You will most likely find similar stories that you can relate to. Hopefully, that will help you feel a little more comfy. Then some more of your fears will subside. Allowing you to share some more about your self, your struggles, your journey. Maybe letting us know how we can help you.

We sure are glad you found us! We understand this fear business & the problems we all face with getting alcohol out of our lives. Many of now, aren't as afraid as we used to be, when we first arrived & are healthier & happier now. You can be too! :l :h

Comment

Frightened

Thank you. Is it normal to have throbbing headaches 3 days with no alcohol ?

Comment

Frightened

Hi Aoife.
                          Sure is. Your body is adjusting that's all. Take paracetamol.
                          Drink losts fluids to stay hydrated . Eat sweet foods for your blood auger - fruit wil do - bananas. These foods are comforting too as you adjust.

Comment

Frightened

Sugary drinks

:thanks:I am over whelmed by the support, the time and energy you have all taken to write. Yes eating heaps more than usual. Need lots of sugary drinks. Guzzling glassfuls of sodas at the terrible dangerous moments of temptation. I can't go back to my dark spaces, I surely will die and I don't want too. I have so much to live for and wasted wasted so much already. To be here in this moment and sober is an immense joy as normally too un co ordinated to do anything much but sleep it off and wake the next day hating myself so much and not have the courage to look in the mirror for fear of not recognizing myself
                            anymore. I was meant to find this site but can't remember how I did.:thanks:

Comment

Working...
                            X