Annoyed at Myself :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annoyed at Myself :(

Hi i just joined about two weeks ago, and while i was staying on this site reading posts i didnt drink for 6 days, i stopped coming on and the past two nights ive been pretty drunk AGAIN! Im so disgusted at myself, my kids have to see it and my poor husband. Woke today saying i'll stop again, just hope i can start afresh and really go for it. Im so sick of letting everyone down .

Annoyed at Myself

Six days is awesome ArriI :goodjob:

If this is your first time trying to get away from AL then wow! I could never have done six minutes let alone six days my first time...even if it's not your first still be proud.

You are on your way! And you'll have lots of stories to tell too. :h
    Check out the tool box thread which has really good plans of attack in there. I found like you that when I stopped reading, posting here, I went right back to drinking. No doubt about it. I think you see that too. So stay close :l

Hugs to you. It's way late. :bedtime:: And I'm up way way past my bed time.
    Sleep tight and try not to worry. See you in the morning. Come on over to the Newbie Nest.
    People are usually up early,

:l
    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Annoyed at Myself

Hi Aarii go for it ..you can do it
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Annoyed at Myself

Hey Kradle and Mick, Thanks for your words of support! I'll def stay close as when i stopped reading i started drinking! Ha ha dont you just hate that feeling f letting people down?? I'll make sure im on here even if just for 5 mins everyday to keep me positive! Thanks guys

Comment

Annoyed at Myself

Hi Arrii
          well done on the 6 days, I cant seem to get past two. And I know the feeling of being so annoyed with myself for giving in. Changing rountine and mindset is hard. Hope your feeling a bit better as day goes on.

Comment

Annoyed at Myself

Hi there pooks matey, Yeah i went out and did a bit of shopping, hubbys been emailing me telling me he believes in me and we can do it together...hes not really a drinker but will support the hell out of me. How are you managing yourself this now with alcohol?

Comment

Annoyed at Myself

trying to go easy on the booze, cut back last few nights went to bed early but really feel like I'm perhaps kidding myself that this will last. Wkend comin up and friday night usually a heavy one.
              Just got to try my best I suppose, have been feeling a bit better for cutting back.

Comment

Annoyed at Myself

Mate thats all you can do. I feel the same im just kidding myself for a few days or while im hungover tht i can quit. ...by 5pm most nights i know its a long night ahead being bored hence the bottle or two of wine. I dont know how it got to this tbh as till the age of 25 i was T-Total, wasnt interested in drink at all. and im 32 now...so its 7 yrs of pissing it down the drain to be frank. At least we are all in the same boat trying to sort ourselves out matey hey

Comment

Annoyed at Myself

hi Arrii,
                  i also found that everytime i strayed from the nest, i ended up drinking again.
                  sometimes i think i strayed away so that i could drink. stick around. try the one day at a time method for awhile. sometimes thinking about forever or even the rest of the week seems like too much. did someone post the link to the tool box? the ideas there are so helpful -- check it out if you haven't already.
                  welcome to you, too, Pooks!!

Comment

Annoyed at Myself

Welcome Arril.
                    Our resolve is always strongest when hungover eh? I am starting to feel the stress of the weekend coming up, but I must stick to my plan. Our lives will be soooo much better without the poison of alcohol robbing us of time.

Let's kick this - Day 4 for me.
                    new beginnings July 16, 2012

Comment

Annoyed at Myself

Hey lifechange and itsmytime....i'll def be sticking about, was really positive while i was on here wasnt interested in going near it again...then i stopped coming on and boom a bottle down my throat. I wouldnt mind but i actually do not enjoy drinking at all now...and i only want to drink at social things or out for meals JUST not in my house night after night. God i ended up on facebook last night and tore my oldest sons father a new A-Hole, hes had it coming for years as hes the biggest waste of s**t on this planet but thats not the point, id never do that normally. Id rise above it and he got the attention he wanted. You look back at ur behaviour and think..."Jesus i could just kick myself if my leg would bend round that way!!" I think yeah i'll do this goal thing that ppl go on about on here, 3 days...1 week...2 weeks and so on and so forth. The good thing is that i dont feel so alone anymore with this vile habit, we are all trying and in los of cases falling off the wagon but getting back to it straight away. Yeah the weekends are always a bugger arent they mate?? as everyone is at it Well, good things are never easy to achieve! xx

Comment

Annoyed at Myself

Glad youre not feeling so alone anymore, i know how lonliness can be a factor (or kinda an excuse) for this boozin caper. And i know full well how much of a numpty we make of ourselves when drunk or just a bit tipsy. Think we are puttin world to rights but then the mornin comes, five seconds of blurryness then BAM, cringe big time.
                        Tonight have looked in the mirror at how tired i am, how i look so bloated with booze, how crap my skin looks. Maybe this cuttin down a wee bit at nights is makin a difference slow but steady. Makin my brain think a bit more straight, I dunno.
                        Anyway hope youre ok tonight and get a sleep. I will admit im on tender hooks for friday night. So so sad eh

Comment

Annoyed at Myself

Hey pooks mate. Totally know what you mean. Ive got some drinks thing at my sisters the night and a house warming next saturday night. Dont think i'll go the night tho. The less chance of drinking!! Plus if i do drink, i just go from being sensible to loud and talking over ppl and im actually thinking to myself..ok shut up now, but no im hell bent on making a tit of myself. Yeah mate, im like you have noticed i look not the best...i reckon it does bloat the face a bit as i can see it and i have def put on weight!! I used to be normal weight for my height now im 2 stone over. I have found mate that if u dont drink for a few days, u have loads of energy and ur brain does go into focus more, and u can just get on and get things done, instead of wasted days. Yesterday i was possibly the biggest waste of crap walking. I honestly dont get how if anyone feels that bad they go straight back to it, but we do?? Id be quite happy to only drink when out, which isnt often as we have 4 kids and hubby works 75 mile away and drives there and back everyday so we're quite tired for all that. Hence why i prob have a few at night, helps me zone out a bit and not worry about getting stuff ready for next day or just so i can think sod it sit down and chill. How were u last night yourself?? Hope ur ok today matey x

Comment

Working...
                          X