Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sleeping a lot after 38 days non-drinking....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this normal. I'm sleeping at least 8 hours per night and more at weekends. Very good quality sleep I must admit, with no early morning wake up and anxiety. But I feel I'm sleeping too much. I guess this part of the healing process?? Should I be doing anything else to help the recovery. I read about Vit B supplements?? Any advice would be great. Getting away from the alcohol prison is feeling pretty good so far!

Hi Cupcake,

I would go with the flow. Those levels of sleep do not sound excessive in the least, and your body knows what to do to repair itself. I had some periods of minor sluggishness for a little while after quitting (up until around day 60, I think?). Eating well, staying hydrated and excercise will do wonders. Excercise especially helps with fatigue (counterintuitive, I know). I'm very happy for your success!
    "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
    AF 11/12/11

Comment

Hi Cupcake!

Boy, me too! I think my body is making up for about 3-4 days of insomnia when I stopped drinking. Since I work at home, I sleep until I wake up, sometimes 12 hours at a time. I'm also 30 days AF and seem to be sleeping gradually less and less. Of course, my M.D. gave me 30 days of Ambien (which I'm out of), so that may have something to do with it!:H

I agree, listen to your body. The doc also told me to take B vitamins and eat well, which also seems to be helping.

Good luck!

Comment

Well done cupcake! Sleep... I used to love sleepin. Like a proper sleep know what i mean. Im fretting about friday night, usually my total blow out night then suffer all wkend. Knackerd by monday. Going to read this post again to remind me of lovely sober sleep. All the best

Comment

Working...
        X