This is it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is it!

Hello I came across this site yesterday & I think it might be the answer for me! Looks great. I have been drinking too much for over 12 months now & realise I have to do something pretty soon, today may as well be the day! I know I need the support, as having come through depression with none and that was extremely hard! I am drinking a bottle of wine a day, love that numb feeling... but lately, have been arguing and becoming 'drunk'.... The thing is, I never get a hang-over! So any hints, how do I get started, what is 'controlled drinking'? Anyone see four corners on Monday nite last week? Obviously, I am not alone, so that's a good thing! I look forward to hearing back from you, appreciate all ideas and help! Have a nice day! Tahlula:new:
    :rolleyesmonkey: Tahlula :rolleyesmonkey:
    Trim the tree to let in the sunshine...

This is it!

Welcome Tahlula..have you downloaded the book yet. That's the first thing to do...it will tell you everything you need to know about the supplements, the CDs and the topamax. The support here is huge for many of us as well. You are definitely not along and it looks like you have a great radar system to know that you need to take your drinking seriously! Post often and anywhere on the site that you wish.
    Good Luck!
    Di

Comment

This is it!

Welcome Tahlulu,
      You have come to the right place if you have a drinking problem. There is a lot of help and support here. Read the posts and see how others have coped. Look forward to seeing you on line.

Best wishes
      Diana
      eace:

Comment

This is it!

Hi there:new: too!

I drink more than you (up to 2 bottles of wine a night) and don;t get hangovers either. In fact I often get up early, do breakfast and school run for 3 small kids and then go to the gym.... how can this be?

anyway, welcome, this is a great place. agree with all the above: read the book, get whatever you need to start your own personalised programme of recovery and set a realisitic date to start. then come here as much as you need. There is so much non-judgemental support here, and a lot of humour...

Best wishes, K x

Comment

This is it!

Welcome Tahlula,

I too am just starting -- only 16 days alcohol free. Got the book, started supps, topa, back to exercise, healthy eating. I was drinking a bottle or two of wine daily - no hangovers usually, just dehydrated but clearly a problem. Log on, do lots of reading, make a plan and join us on the journey. A lot of support and experience here - no judgments, just a lot of people who understand because we live it.

Glad you are here!
          sri

Comment

This is it!

Thank you thank you thank you!! YAY... understanding people, the non-judgemental support & the humour sounds wonderful! I have to start today - that is it! Mind over matter now, I am actually 'excited' that I will be able to watch a movie, read a book or at least do 'something' with my time at night! Butterflies in my tummy, tonite is going to be 'different'!! Thanks again everyone xx

Comment

This is it!

You sound like you have mentally prepared to start this Tahlula! Keep on posting and keep on reading.

Oh, and by the way - welcome to the boards!!!

:welcome:

Comment

This is it!

Hey that's great - the most important thing is just to get started... then go for it! These forums are great, they really are. Welcome aboard!:goodjob:

Comment

This is it!

Hello Tahula,
                  It's nice to have you with us.
                  Welcome.

Comment

This is it!

G'day Tahlula,

Good to have you with us. Really. I'm down to a glass a day and I'm aiming for abstinence. Sheer willpower doesn't do the trick for me. Moderation either doesn't work. Hypno's not for me.

I really swear on Topa. Please do download the book and keep reading the threads here. No strings attached. And keep posting. You'll meet interesting people here. And above all no bull! Catch ya,

Patrick
                    Paddy
                    Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

This is it!

Thank you! I'm so excited at having found this place, I will download the book right now, think I might see the Dr re Topa. Thank God, I am not alone!

Comment

This is it!

Hi - went to Dr's today, asked about Campral. Seems to think I need to to see a psych to get some 'things' sorted out. The Dr wasn't sure if Campral can be taken with antidepressants, so that will be up to psych. Dr suggested to halve the drinking to start with, and wait to resolve these issues, otherwise might be too hard. She was so lovely & understanding, relief!! Anyone else on antidepressants & Campral?
                        Have a great day!

Comment

This is it!

Hay T,
                          What ever the DOC says.........You know there is a support system here ! We need each other to carry on.............the more the marrier! Ask & we will try to help you........IAD
                          ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                          those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                          Dr. Seuss

Comment

This is it!

Sounds like you have a very nice doctor. Stick around here and get some inspiration under your belt it really helps. So when you do get to the point of dropping the alcohol you will be mentally prepared! Good luck!

Comment

This is it!

Just ordered some supps, incl kudzo & the book! My life is in my hands now, and today is the day - I am ready to become clear & get on with it. Am taking a liver detox tab & exercising & drinking plenty of water. One day at a time, but I am determined!

Comment

Working...
                              X