Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revisiting

Hi,

I first visited this website last summer. I read the book, bought the CDs, ordered the All in One, and bought some of the other supplements. Obviously, I didn't stick with the program. Recently, I started counseling--for depression, stress, insomnia, etc...In the process, I realized that I really, really want to have a clear head when I go through the whole process of counseling. I know in order to do that I need to get control of my drinking. I don't drink daily--a couple times a week (self-medicating). But the problem is I usually drink a whole bottle of wine, instead of just a glass. That's my drinking issue. And I always feel so guilty after, like I lack self-control. Needless to say, that has a big impact on my self esteem.

Anyway, I read My Way Out a few days ago, and started taking the All in One powder, but I think a really vital component of this whole program is this website. Last summer, I didn't post often, but I read lots of posts. It's helpful listening to how others are dealing with their drinking issues and with life in general.

I just wanted to say hello again and thanks to all those who offer insight and empathy here at this website.

Julie

Revisiting

Hi Julie,
    Welcome back and I look forward to your posts. I've been here since early January 2007 and have had 34 days AF then moderated successfully. Like you I was a bottle or more a night of wine. I was ready to change and this site has been the greatest gift of my life.

See you around.
    Regards
    Diana
    eace:

Comment

Revisiting

Welcome back Julie. I am very new -- only 16 days with the program but posting and reading does help. Stay with us and join us on our journey. Glad to have you back!
      sri

Comment

Revisiting

hi julie
        after i found this site i was 45 days AF with the help from the supps and cd's.i did't use the topa.after that i realized that the alcohol was just numbing my real problems.since then i have had a few slips but by and large i think this site is awesome.it may only be a starting point for some but for others it's the end point of their drinking problems.keep the faith and hang in there.

Comment

Revisiting

Thanks for the encouraging words.

Julie

Comment

Revisiting

Hello Julie.
            It's good to have you back.

Comment

Working...
            X