Drinking Dreams or should I say nightmares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know these are common, especially in the first while. But WOW!! I had one last night and was so relieved when I woke up that it was a nightmare.

In my dream we were with our group of friends that we not only party with but are really close friends we do everything with. We were away and the first night I wasn't drinking and it was no big deal, as many know that I quit before. Well on to the scary part - it was soooo real - I woke up (in the dream) and everyone was looking at me weird and I was like "what??" and everyone was saying "don't you remember last night?" I didn't and swore up and down that I wasn't drinking. My husband said, ya you just opened a beer, then you started on vodka...my heart felt sooo heavy and I was struggling to remember. This woke me up and I was ever so grateful.

This dream - nightmare. Is exactly how my drinking escalated this past year. I was drinking to black out stage, sleep walking, sleep talking, having night terrors and generally feeling like crap.

Thank goodness I am on the right track and staying there this time. My life depends on it.

Thank you my virtual friends for helping me and I hope to help others on this journey.

Happy to be hangover free and clear headed on a Saturday - still a bit shook up from the nightmare, but better that than it being a reality.
    :thanks:
    new beginnings July 16, 2012

Wow Itsmytime,

Sending big Virtual Morning hugs to you this morning

::huggy:huggy

PS: I dreamed once I was tring to hide my rum & tonic from Roberta Jewell .... So real
    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

I had one last night! There was no wine in the fridge, so I was going to go to the store to buy some beer for everyone. Luckily, I couldn't find my car! :H M

Comment

Its my time I can totally relate after last night, i dreamed I was at a pub and someone asked what I wanted I said a pint of cider (my old drink from years ago), I drank that one and ordered another and then my ex best friend was there and we went back to her house, I asked for another drink and she said she didn't have any ( we used to drink together all the time) I thought in my dream - oh she has quit since I saw her last (we havent' been in touch for 3 years) but then she suddenly produced a bottle of cider and we carried on drinking, luckily I woke up then but I felt awful, like I had actually had a drink and the guilt was awful!!
        Taking it ODAT

Comment

Wow I have those about cigarettes every time I give up - hope I don't get the same for the grog - v v unsettling I'll bet?
          "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

Yeah it was a bit!!
            Taking it ODAT

Comment

Working...
            X