Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 2

Hello everyone.

Today is Day 2 for me...I really struggled last night, but I made it through. I woke up feeling refreshed. But...I also know myself to well. Since I feel so good I am afraid my feelings will come back...See I can go a day without drinking...I'm fine. But I know I am not. I've said it before and I truly think it still. It's like my head has 2 brains and they are constantly fighting each other rather than working together. It's lunch time here and so far I'm good....besides the constand obsessing about drinking or not drinking. I more so don't want to drink, but I still struggle with why I don't want to drink??? Crazy thoughts in my head...makes me just want to say screw it...I don't want to worry about it anymore..just drink and live my life.

I know that drinking my life away is not the answer. I don't want to feel anxious anymore or guilty or ashamed.

This is such a struggle...thanks for listening! Sorry if I am rambling and not making any since!
    Honeysoup :heart:

Day 2

ya know Honeysoup - what you're feeling is so familiar to most of us. really. But there's a reason you keep trying and that's because it's important to you to stop. do you have a plan? that helps you to divert all of these thoughts?

And let me tell you - I have discovered more things about myself....come to more realizations....about why I do things...and what I really want and don't want for my life...just by starting some rambling post here. I start typing about nothing in particular - and pretty soon, I have really made some headway with a problem I was having...discovered lots of the "why's" behind my drinking. So you keep typing away - even if it doesn' t seem to make sense - and if you think nobody's listening. The sensible part of your brain IS listening...in fact - it's trying to talk. :-)
    ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Day 2

Honey I really really feel your pain, my first post here ever was on a monday morning after drinking liquor literally ALL WEEKEND and feeling like I was going to die. I searched for help via google found this site and posted asking how I could get that awful voice in my head to stop convincing me to stop at the liquor store on the way home.

I would wake up every morning feeling like utter shit, not remembering half of the night before, sometimes still dressed in yesterdays clothes, wondering if I pissed husband or son off and SWEARING NEVER AGAIN, then as day progressed and I heard from hubby and he did not seem mad and hangover started to wear off the voice would start. Well that monday I failed to beat that voice and again tuesday I failed, but I kept coming to this site and on Wednesday I spent nearly half the day reading a thread titled what I hate and Loathe about AL - Thousands of posts - most of which I could unfortunately relate to.

That day I told myself just don't drink today, just give yourself one day, the liquor will be there tomorrow still if you want it, prove to yourself you can do one day and I did, when that voice crept up on ride home, i reminded myself of the thread and just kept saying one day you deserve one day. I managed to drive right by and have not stopped at that store since, it has only been a few weeks for me and I slipped up twice (nothing n comparison to my old drinking) and I feel great, never ever want to wake up with that regret, shame, anxiety, blurriness, fatigue, body ache. You can do it, keep coming here even in times of failure, just be honest so you can get honest advice.
      And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Comment

Day 2

Hi Honey,

I know you've been struggling for a while. The main thing is to never quit quitting. No it's not easy, but it's SO worth it. VLiv made some excellent points in her post. Just give yourself TODAY, then worry about tomorrow, tomorrow.

The inner battle is what was HELL for me. I am on Antabuse, so now there is no battle. I simply know I cannot drink. Is that something you can consider?

Please keep us posted on how you are doing!

K9
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Day 2

Hi Honey,

I am on day 2 also, and I know by the time the weekend gets here, I think I will have it under control and be very tempted to fo the the store and restock. ( like so many times in the past). But after finding this site, I think I can make it through. I/We am not alone, just reading the stories other have to tell helps so much. We can do it..

Comment

Day 2

Thank you all for your kind words. I did it...although...it was rough! About 6pm my mind was racing and fighting so bad. I almost reached for the beer in the garage. I tried to fight it, but I started breathing heavy and I was very agitated. I just prayed and prayed and finally I had the courage to start cleaning out my spice cabinet, then on to the bathroom drawers. By that time it was time for DD bath and then I started cutting up a bunch of fresh fruit I had bought...made some herb tea and grabbed my chips and dip!

I decided since I am starting fresh this week I would allow myself to eat what I want and not worry about the weight. I would like to lose 20lbs and start being healthy. Next week I will hit the gym and plan my meals but this week. I'm just going to do what I can to let my body heal from the alcohol and the obsessions.

Thanks again for all your support. I hope everyone is hanging in there today.

Comment

Day 2

Hey Honey, I am ready to get this 20lbs off as well. I amalso only a few weeks into my no liquor journey. How about we team up and support each other in our diet and exercise. Have you ever heard of the web site and mobile app, my fitness pal? It is awesome, helps you track calories and exercise, check it out, if you join the site (free) we can chat there two, seeing as I am not comfortable posting about my excessive weight in the same place I post about my excessive drinking
              And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Comment

Day 2

vlivengood;1358410 wrote: Hey Honey, I am ready to get this 20lbs off as well. I amalso only a few weeks into my no liquor journey. How about we team up and support each other in our diet and exercise. Have you ever heard of the web site and mobile app, my fitness pal? It is awesome, helps you track calories and exercise, check it out, if you join the site (free) we can chat there two, seeing as I am not comfortable posting about my excessive weight in the same place I post about my excessive drinking
                Sounds great...although I'm on SparkPeople.com. I found it easier and had more options But remember... I start Monday. PM if you want...maybe we can weigh in every Monday or Friday of pounds lost or weight. whatever you prefer. Plus, it will help keep our minds off the devil

Comment

Day 2

ok awesome, I like to weigh in every Monday morning. I will spend this weekend getting my gym bag back in order (i go before work at 4:30am and get ready for work from there so need it to be fully stocked, I will also go to the gorcery store for all my healthy foods and do meal and snack prep. I will check out spark just so I can report weight and progress to you, is your user name the same there?

Comment

Working...
                  X