Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jobdown Part IV - you all saved me!

Hi all,

Again thanks for all your kind good words and messages of hope.

I held them as talismans as I went to work today. For those not in the know of my story, I held a management position (at the age of 29) of 10 people. It was particularly challenging in that the role was about looking after new business that my company had never handled before. Big pressure.

I stepped down for a couple of reasons. Firstly (and less substantially), because I didn't feel I had been provided with the tools and resources I needed to do a good job.

Secondly (and more importantly): as I pass through into sobriety, although I am not AF right now (I did 31 days AF through Jan wholly due to the helpfulness of this site), I am learning to tell the truth about things. That means that working for an Australian insurance company in that role does not suit my needs.

I has a wonderful experience today. Rather than being embarrassed about stepping down, I had many speeches of support from those around me.

When I think about it, time and time again in my life I have chosen to "step down" - but then it turns out not to be stepping down. Often it turns into a even bigger opportunity on a better path.

Thanks all!

Gem x
    Free since 26th February 2012

good on you Gem. am so pleased for you.

Kate x

Comment

Gem

Maybe these times have not been a "step down" and perhaps you should use a different term in a more positive note. It appears to me you have some very strong and good principals that you use to make decisions and this is very Good and positive.

You in fact are standing for what you believe, and that is always a strong step forward! (unless what a person believes is morally wrong, which in your case, they seem to be very positive moral beliefs)

So congratulations on standing up for yourself and taking a step UP!

Best regards,
      Control the Mind

Comment

"Step forward" sounds more like it to me too!!

Love,
        Nancy
        "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Gem sound like to me you have taken a huge step forward! Onwards and upwards! Happy to see it is working out for you!!

Comment

Working...
          X