Day 20 and feeling pretty amazing!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To begin I've had a week of ups and downs, dealing with PAWS. I think my subconcious was playing with me as we had plans to go out to an outdoor festival with friends last night and there's booze, bands, food you know the scene. We have 3 a year at this venue and last year I was totally, totalled at one. It was right after losing two of my best friends within 2 months of each other and I was an emotional wreck and was drinking my pain away.

I think subconciously I was nervous to go, not because of the booze but fear of running into ppl from last year. Well, we went and we all had a fantastic time. My wonderful friends did not even question me drinking water, bless them, they know the struggles I've had. But this time my laughter is deeper, my eyes are brighter and I don't feel deprived at all. My hubs drank and that didn't bother me, we had so many laughs.

I did run into ppl from last year. A couple who are great friends mentioned how drunk both my hub and I were last year, but not in a negative preaching way, but with a look of sorrow and understanding in their eyes. They knew how badly we were hurting - but that we were dealing with it the wrong way.

I drove home and was on top of the world with feelings of love, freedom and support. It is amazing to have a fantastic night,come home and read and have a restful sleep. Especially waking up the next day with no shame, anxiety and mystery bruises.

For those just starting out, be your own best friend and do what is right for you. We are not depriving ourselves, we are loving ourselves :l
    new beginnings July 16, 2012

CONGRATS IMT
    Keep that positive thinking going, life will get better & better for you1
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Success comes one day at a time ... oh how right!
      Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

I'm smiling for you too! I know you can & will do this! Life is so much better this way!....

A person really has to want to be sober more than being drunk!.... You are doing this with memories of pain, the adjustments of early sobriety! It's not easy!.. Yet, staying as positive as possible!... Way to go IMT!.... :l

Comment

It truly does get better and better.
          Love and Peace,
          Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

itsmytime;1359867 wrote: To begin I've had a week of ups and downs, dealing with PAWS. I think my subconcious was playing with me as we had plans to go out to an outdoor festival with friends last night and there's booze, bands, food you know the scene. We have 3 a year at this venue and last year I was totally, totalled at one. It was right after losing two of my best friends within 2 months of each other and I was an emotional wreck and was drinking my pain away.

I think subconciously I was nervous to go, not because of the booze but fear of running into ppl from last year. Well, we went and we all had a fantastic time. My wonderful friends did not even question me drinking water, bless them, they know the struggles I've had. But this time my laughter is deeper, my eyes are brighter and I don't feel deprived at all. My hubs drank and that didn't bother me, we had so many laughs.

I did run into ppl from last year. A couple who are great friends mentioned how drunk both my hub and I were last year, but not in a negative preaching way, but with a look of sorrow and understanding in their eyes. They knew how badly we were hurting - but that we were dealing with it the wrong way.

I drove home and was on top of the world with feelings of love, freedom and support. It is amazing to have a fantastic night,come home and read and have a restful sleep. Especially waking up the next day with no shame, anxiety and mystery bruises.

For those just starting out, be your own best friend and do what is right for you. We are not depriving ourselves, we are loving ourselves :l
            This is a touching and brilliant post IMT! Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Congratulations on 20 days AF. This is a huge accomplishment. See it through, keep it going, and nail it. :goodjob:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Thanks everyone,
              Another great day out yesterday with not desire to drink. I think this really is my time

The support here is absolutely wonderful, thank you!
              new beginnings July 16, 2012

Comment

IMT..well said. I am on day 1 again. Reading your post was inspiring. Thank you and congrats on day 21
                Honeysoup :heart:

Comment

its my time...what a brilliant post
                  af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Working...
                  X