Has anyone tried acupuncture?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't seen anyone discussing the use of acupuncture to help with alcohol cessation. They say that acupuncture can help with addictions and losing weight. I want to do everything I can and wonder if this is mere quackery or could it help?
    I just won't anymore

Hi Jennie, I had a course of acupuncture to help my body recover. It did balance my system, which was all over the place thanks to al, showing primarily a stomach/spleen pattern followed by liver/gallbladder. I went until my body told me it was time to change treatments. I have regular massage and do try other therapies. All have helped support my recovery and life in general.
    You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Hello. My training tells me it is more in the placebo column. Not that placebos aren't powerful..they can be. But..they tend to lose their power once you know it's all placebo, I think the verdict is in on this in the scientific literature. Love that you are exploring all avenues. I couldn't endorse it in good conscience and know there are many who will disagree on the basis of personal experience. Hard to argue with the double blind experimentally controlled studies however. I'm not optimistic given the findings of sound research. Just another perspective....

Comment

Working...
      X