Made it 'til 5:30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was going pretty good today. Had a rough night last night. My girlfriends daughter was up all night with the stomach bug, and we were up right along with her. Finally got to hit the hay at 2:00am. Got up feeling rested, played on the computer did other stuff and finally looked at the clock and it was almost 2:30pm. Thought to myself, no shit, you haven't even thought of cracking a beer. So I went to the fridge got a V-8, then later had some seltzer with lime, and really wasn't feeling that "need." Went out to pick up pizza after 5:00 and came home to find both the girls asleep, no problem, but also found that the dog had shit and pissed the rug. Not unusual for her, because she has this separation anxiety thing, but that did it. Pushed me right past the point of reason, and into the fridge I went and popped a top. I feel pretty shitty that such a small incident could make me lose my resolve so quickly and easily. Don't know what else to say. I guess I'll put my best foot forward tomorrow and try again.
    JHJ

JHJ, not feel too bad - the alkie brain is always looking for a reason to drink.... Don't beat yourself up too bad - build from it.
    Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

JHJ, all you can do is pick yourself up and try again. Just keep trying. It doesn't take much to want to 'pop the top' for any of us. At least you are aware now. Hang in there!

Comment

Hi JHJ,
        Give it another go today. Maybe you can do a little better. We know that it isn't easy. Baby steps.......

Comment

Hey JHJ, one step at a time. Don't beat yourself up. I havn't got there yet, was going to do it last nite, nup! Am allowed to have 2 glasses though according to Dr. Keep smiling! :-)
          :rolleyesmonkey: Tahlula :rolleyesmonkey:
          Trim the tree to let in the sunshine...

Comment

It is amazing how our brains work, or don't work, I guess. Just keep working on your goals. Like they said before me, baby steps. hang in there!
            Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

Hi and like everyone is saying today is another day. Years of habits do not disappear in one day, I for one have had my ups and downs since finding this site. But I have to tell you that the ups are way more thans the downs if you try. My drinking has been cut down to about a third of what I used to consume and I am trying to cut back even more.

You can do it!!
              Sammys

Comment

JHJ, Try and concentrate on the good- how long you made it without drinking or thinking about drinking. You have the right attitude, put your best foot forward and give it another go.

Hang in there!!
                mombytheocean

Comment

Those dam triggers... ya have to pre plan how you will respond. Respond is different then reacting... reacting will go for the drink, responding will be per a plan you have to deal with stress and adversity...take a run, bike ride, call someone, post on MWO, Eat ice cream, jump up and down...do the hoke pokey...(oh that's another thread....

Next time, (keep trying) you will do something instead of the drink

Best wishes
                  Control the Mind

Comment

JHJ, Don't beat yourself up about your slip. I find that it is those little , everyday , mundane events that just make something click in my head and I go and have a drink. Itcan come upon you so unexpectedly. The most important thing is that you just let it go and not let it set you back. Sometimes I think a slip is almost beneficial in a way because it teaches you just a little bit more about how this compulsion works on you and gets you to drink. Hang in there. Aquamarine
                    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
                    AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement

It's hard not to beat myself up. Because I've done it so long, not with alcohol, but with smoking, gambling, etc. I now take heart in the fact that if I can quit, as of right this moment,
                      a 2 pack a day smoking habit, that I know I can kick this alcohol thing. And yes maybe I'll need some extra support, like the Topa and CDs as I have the Chantix to helping with the smoking. Just for the record, I did so-so today. Cracked one at 4:30pm, but didn't go one right after another. I even drank a little lime seltzer in between, what a surprise! I quess this will be a slow go for me, but in retrospect look how long it took me to get here. Clearing out practically a lifetime of bad habits is not going to happen overnight. Anyhow, thank for your continued support and I'll be here often.

:thanks:
                      JHJ

Comment

Working...
                      X