IM KILLING MYSELF WITH BOOZE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:new: :h I AM FEELING TERRIBLE TODAY I GOT REALLY DRUNK YESTERDAY MY NEIGHBOUR THOUGHT I WAS REALLY ILL AND SENT FOR A MEDIC.NOW THAT I HAVE SOBERED UP I
    HAVE TO GO AND APOLOGISE TO HER.MY EXCUSE FOR YESTERDAY IS THAT MY BROTHER IS DYING FROM ASBESTOSIS,BUT I KNOW THAT IS JUST AN EXCUSE.I REALLY DONT KNOW HOW TO STOP.PLEASE HELP.

Hi Paula,
    You are in the right place, we are all here cause we need help, so help is what you will get.
    I know it is hard to believe in yourself, cause the false hopes and broken lives that comes from booze tells us this...It wants you to kill yourself, cause you are nout hurting it, it is hurting you~ the way to overcome this is to take the first step, which you have done...

I also had to hang my tail inbetween my legs on Sunday cause I got horribly trashed, and played my music raggingly loud, like a mad thing on Saturday!
    What is Asbestosis?

Guess what, you are going to feel better tomorrow, cause it is another day...
    Just please pamper yourself, and remember you are special...God created us perfectly, so
    you are in there somewhere...YOU ARE GOING TO FIND YOURSELF!
    What things do you like (your hobbies)!

Chat again,
    Mel
    Mel:upset:

Comment

Hello Paula and welcome,

One good thing, you do realise that you are using any reason to drink... We have all done this, it makes it easier to pour that first one, but the bottom line is that we have that drink, not because we want to, but, because we find we have to.. That is what an addiction is.. It doesn't matter what the addiction is, alcohol, drugs, food, gambling etc., but, we DON'T have to anymore..

This place has been the saviour of so many people.. There are no hard and fast rules, no hard sell, the whole thing is up to you, but, you WILL NOT be on your own... Any time, day or night there is always someone here to give advice, hold your hand or just listen..

There are loads of practical things to do, you may want to download the book MY WAY OUT, read that and it explains all you need to know about giving up alcohol, also you can go through the different message boards and read some of the posts there, but please don't be afraid to take this journey because there are so many people here waiting to help you....

Good luck, Louise xx
      A F F L..
      Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Paula,
        Hi and welcome, Louise is right listen to her she's very wise. Log on here as much as you can, read what everyone is saying, how it's working (or not in some cases) for them and post questions, you'll get loads of support.

Good luck with your journey, you won't be alone.

Comment

Hi Paula, welcome. I'm new too and a Brit - thereare plenty here, but also wonderful people from all round the globe. read evenrything you can here and especially read the book. You are not alone. Kate x

Comment

Paula...Welcome to MWO!!!

You are not alone, there is much help here...you are starting a new journey...

Come here often, read the book and posts and start your new future..
            Control the Mind

Comment

Hi Paula, and welcome.
              You're not alone. Try to relax just a little and stay a while with us. I'm sure it will make you feel a bit better.

Comment

Hi Paula and Welcome to MWO:
                We have all been embarassed at some point by ourselves and our behavior while drinking. Hopefully it is an eye opener. It sounds like in your case it was. Come back and read as much as you can. There are so many people here who know what you are going through and can help you find your way back to who you want to be.
                Let us know how you are doing, ok?
                Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

Hello Paula and welcome to MWO.
                  Just come and join us. It is a journey you won't regret going on. There is so much help and good advise, or a shoulder to lean on.

I too have a close friend who is dying of asbestosis. It is so hard to watch and he is so calm and collected.

Go and read the thread about the swimming pool by our very own sage Louise. It really hits home for so many newcomers. Come and stick one little toe into that pool sweetheart. We are all standing here with your waterwings.
                  Hugs, Lori:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
                  *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

Hay Paula,

We're all in a fight here ! Excuses are like belly buttons, everybody has one. (Unless one is a test tube baby....Sorry, sometimes I get off track. ha) Anyway, You've come to the right place. There is a lot of good help here. Keep reading & Posting. Welcome & good luck!

............IAD
                    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hi Paula. Welcome to MWO. I hope you will find comfort and support here. It has helped so many people, including myself. I have done a numerous amount of 'embarrassing' things when I was drunk. I have a story of my own about a trip to the hospital that is quite embarrassing. Just know today is a new day. Keep reading and posting. All the best.

Comment

Welcome Paula.

As has been said before, do lots of reading and post when you feel like it. Once you get all the information you can, get yourself ready and go for it. What have you go to lose? More days of feeling like you do today?

By the way IAD.... is it true test tube babies don't have belly buttons? Nah... it can't be because they would still need to be connected to a placenta. Okay... cancel that question.

Comment

Paula, welcome. You have come to a great place. Keep coming back and it can really help.
                          NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
                          AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

Bluebell,

Sorry.........I sometime ramble on & make no sense. Test tube babes are conceved out side. Then introduced into the mother. So they would have a belly button. But I guess you fiquire that one out.............IAD
                            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                            Dr. Seuss

Comment

:new: Paula,

I am going to buy the book tomorrow, maybe we can go throught this together.

Annie

Comment

Working...
                              X