Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IM KILLING MYSELF WITH BOOZE

Hey Paula and Annie,
    Yes, get the book and do the supplements, the CD's, exercise. It ALL helps. Keep reading the website and KEEP on talking to us. Read some of the old threads- they are really helpful and interesting too. You will get to know some of us a little better.
    I wish you the best- it will only get better! Everyday is a new day.
    Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
    "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

hi paula you are in the rigth place listen to all there is alot of wisdom here keep comimg back bellaboo

Comment

Hi Paula,
        I joined yesterday and plan to get the vitamins and book. Keep coming in here, it is helping me. I lost my fiance' in a car accident last April. i have been drinking heavily since. it is an excuse, it just makes me more depressed and sad than I already am. I wrecked 2 cars...totaled both, went to jail, almost lost my kids and job. Alcohol is ruining my life. I have made a decision to stop drinking. I plan to take it 1 day at a time. each day I make it I know I will feel better. I feel better today and it hasn't even been 48 hrs.. I woke-up for the first time in awhile feeling good...not great, but good. Hang-in and keep coming back.

Comment

Get the Book, try the supplements. Stay on the web site................IAD
          ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
          those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
          Dr. Seuss

Comment

paula hang tough it wlll get better bellaboo

Comment

paula girl just hang in there it will get better i promise bellaboo

Comment

Thank you each and every one for your words of comfort and support,it is just amazing to have found this site.I bought the topamax a few months ago and the mwo book, but have only just started using both since discovering all the wonderful support on this site.I have
                not had a drink in 11 days,but I have been working so that makes it easy,it is on my days
                off that I struggle.
                Asbestosis is a lung disease, very often caused by working in industry using asbestos in the 60s.

Comment

Congrats for 11 days! Focus on working toward your goal & following a plan b/c every step forward is a small accomplishment unto itself.
                  :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Hi

Paula,

I am really sorry :upset: to hear about your brother. It seems that when we are hurting or angry is when we turn to what we think will numb the pain. I have been there and have continued to blame my drinking on a husband that left me and abusive relationship, and my family whatever reason I could come up with. My problem had to be someones fault certainly not mine.

I have been to treatment centres they helped oh for a week. I went to meetings for a good two weeks there was always something wrong with the meetings and the people it wasn't me.

Realizing everthing is in my life is out of control. I had to make a choice and I can only do it for today.

We all need support to help us deal with what is going on in our lives.

Comment

Hi Paula & :welcome:

I'm also in the UK, I would have welcomed you sooner but have been on hols ...

I found this site last November after getting VERY drunk, and upsetting all my family,.

I was drinking 3 bottles of wine at least every day.... I gradually cut down, had 2 weeks AF in January (i hadn't even done 1 day af in 20 years before other than being pregnant) ..

I'm now moderating nicely and discovering life again...

All the best xx
                      sigpicXXX

Comment

Working...
                      X